Favorite book characters?

I have to go with Roland & Eddie from Stephen King's Dark Tower books.

Roland - plain and simple, fuckin badass fellow.

Eddie - provides humor, also pretty badass

What about you?

I'd have to go with Samuel Vimes from the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. Vimes is a cop who loves dark sarcastic humour, and his character has been developed to the fullest extent through the series, in my opinion. It's a really deep character with tough guy nature, which is rare nowadays.

The narrator from Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried. I don't think he had a name or if it was Tim O'Brien as the main character. It is a ficitional book, but it still could be himself. Not sure.

Holden Caulfield from J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye.

Iago from Othello. The way the guy plotted reminded me of Headley Lamare from Blazing Saddles.

Randall Flagg from Stephen King's The Stand. One real bad dude.

Baron Harkonnen from Frank Herbert's Dune. How can you not like a character that is so fat he has to fly, is evil to the core, has more money than God, and is also a flaming homosexual?

To state some of the obvious ones...

- Marvin the Paranoid Android from Hitchhiker's Guide. Ford Prefect is probably on the same level too.

- Arnold Rimmer from Red Dwarf. Especially in Last Human, because it manages to turn him from an amusingly tragic character to a true sympathetic character. I love that.

- The Patrician from Discworld...because he reminds me so much of me that it's disturbing. :shifty:

Severus Snape. The character with the most depth and layers to his character in the entire HP series.

Will Parry in His Dark Materials. Kills a guy and has a knife to go through dimensions. End of story.

Detective Alex Cross (James Patterson)

Dirk Pitt (Clive Cussler)

Those are my two favorite characters, from my two favorite authors.

Dorian Gray from Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray.

I fell in love with the character faster than I did with Lestat while reading Anne Rice's novels... perhaps it's because even in Dorian's most evil of moments, he still maintained an innocence to him, whereas Lestat was a very cold character in the first of Rice's novels (Interview With the Vampire).

Ok here is my list:

Roland Deschain - The Dark Tower Series

Randall Flagg/R.F. - Reocurring evil in King's novels. His aliases usually are of the initials R.F.

Ben Richards - The Running Man

Jack Torrance - The Shining

Pennywise - IT

It'd be Lestat from the Vampire Chronicles

And Murray Whelan from the Shane Maloney books. Funny guy that reminds me of me