Download Festival

ravenjuice

ok, me and a friend who is also comeing to download were bored last night so we came up with a checklist of stuff to take.

Feel free to add things.

Tickets

Tent

Tent cover

Poles

Pegs

4x t-shirts

2x Jumper

3xboxers

3xpairs of socks

3x trousers

Torch

2xshoes

Phone & Charger

Booze

Football

Spare batteries for torch

De-oderant

Food n drink

Knifes n forks

Razor

Pillows

Camp mats/duvet

Disposable BBQ

Camera

Drink/food cooler

Playing cards

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you been before? That's a lot more than I personally take. First year I camped i took a bit more than that and moving it all around wasn't worth the hassle. I cut back a bit on things that were done for comfort, like the duvets and pillows, and only took one pair of shoes.

Have you been before? That's a lot more than I personally take. First year I camped i took a bit more than that and moving it all around wasn't worth the hassle. I cut back a bit on things that were done for comfort, like the duvets and pillows, and only took one pair of shoes.

It's a good idea. It just hasn't happened yet. It always manages to stay bone dry all weekend. And yeah it's a bit of a risk, especially in england, but it's one I take every year.

As for the lockers, you can get one, but there aren't many and you have to order one when you order your ticket. I've never bothered with them myself.

I already ordered one when i got the tickets, but i'll proberly end up with three or four other peoples stuff crammed in as well.

It's a good idea. It just hasn't happened yet. It always manages to stay bone dry all weekend. And yeah it's a bit of a risk, especially in england, but it's one I take every year.

As for the lockers, you can get one, but there aren't many and you have to order one when you order your ticket. I've never bothered with them myself.

..Did you see Monday last year!? Just as we put our tents down, the heavens opened and fuck me. It was literally end of the world rain weather. Took the piss, because it was incredibly hot throughout the weekend.

As for lockers, they're also quite a bit away from the campsites - which is annoying.

That checklist does seem long. You'll need one jumper, say two pairs of jeans, two pairs of shorts, fuck pillows, fuck razors. Not really much space to play football, unless you get on the pitch, but that's usually hockey rules metal head destroy the world football. As for 'food and drink', don't take any form of drink that isn't alcohol or to be mixed with the former. A couple of empty plastic water bottles (big ones) is a good idea, to fill with water (from the pumps) just to leave at yr campsite.

EWB Prison Rules rugby, followed by a piss up.

Could be fun ^_^

Last year it was the end of May I think. Can't see them selling out this year personally though.

I think it will. MCR will bring a lot of people in. And so many people will want to see Linkin Park and Maiden. It wont sell out as quickly as last year, which had an amazing line up, but it'll still sell out.

2nd STAGE RE-NAMED: "THE DIMEBAG DARREL STAGE"

We are proud to announce the second stage at this year’s festival will be called The Dimebag Darrell Stage. One of rock's great guitarists, Darrell was shot dead in 2004 while performing on stage. His bands Pantera, Damageplan and Rebel Meet Rebel all had great success, and festival organisers felt that this was a fitting tribute to a legendary man that has influenced and inspired many great bands.

Vinnie Paul, Dimebag's brother, and drummer in Pantera, Damageplan and Rebel Meet Rebel , said: "I am proud to announce we have the privilege of honoring my brother Dimebag Darrell by naming the Second Stage after him... This is a huge honour and I’m sure the blacktooths will be flowin'!!!!! This tribute to Dime will bring a special vibe to the Download/Donington Festival which he was part of several times and loved it... Dime's legacy continues to grow, and he lives through his music and spirit, and for the Second Stage to be named after him in association with the Download/Donington Festival, which is such a legendary event and landmark in rock history, is truly rock royalty!!!!!!! Getcha pull!!!"

Download Festival Promoter, Andy Copping pays tribute to the man himself: "Reflecting on the spirit of Download and Donington, we wanted to come up with some way of remembering Dimebag Darrell. The idea of naming a stage after him came to mind immediately. Anyone who met Dimebag, saw him play or listened to his music knows that they were in the presence of someone very unique and very special. Dimebag Darrell was one of us and if he wasn't in a band, he'd be at Download in the crowd moshing and drinking and air guitaring with the rest of us.....you can tell he loved what he did and it makes it all the more fitting that we can honour his memory by naming a stage at Download after him. Sadly he has gone but he will never, ever be forgotten. Dimebag Darrell - Download and Donington salute you"

Classy move, though it just means more annoying hairy metal hands shouting about Dimebag every night.