What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

B00005NBAW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

A Knight's Tale - 5/10. Funny in bits, but crap overall.

057a.jpg

Purely Belter - 8.5/10. Great film. It was just so funny, realistic and had a great end.

B00003G1FZ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Payback - 5/10. Unrealistic when it was supposed to be. Nice no-nonsense brutality though. That was the highlight.

Edited by The Kraig

Guest Cereal Killer

Zoolander - 7/10

I love almost everything that Stiller does. The best part is when Derek's model friends have the gasoline fight and then blow themselves up. :lol:

Stir of Echoes - 8/10

One of my personal favorites. I don't know what it is about the movie but it's just all kinds of cool.

502895.jpg

The Village - 8/10

I don't quite understand why people weren't too big on this one. Personally I found this to be M. Knight's most enjoyable movie other than Unbreakable. I found myself quoting Roddy Piper after watching this, "once you think you have all the answers, someone changes the questions." It was very well done and continue's Knight's streak of doing something never done before. This movie will be looked back on very positively in the future.

0780608372.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Friday - 10/10

Well I've watched the movie more than ten/twenty times now and it's still easily the funniest and greatest comedy film off all time, heck one of the best films off all time. Chris Tucker is probably one of the funniest guys I've ever seen as well. This is just so damn entertaining the whole way through and actually so realistic too. Some pure awesome moments and this film will always be at the top of my movie list.

The Professional - 8.5/10

It's been all over Bravo and AMC so I've watched it like four times this week. Still continues to be one of my favorite movies.

The Passion of Joan of Arc - 8/10

Was on TCM and I guess it was made in 1928. There was a short info thing saying how none of the actors had makeup which would explain why the faces were so powerful in effect. Lots of closeups. A pretty heavy movie that bummed me out but it was just haunting and I couldn't stop watching.

Good Will Hunting - 9.5/10

Caught this movie tonight on ABC Family and I wasn't sure how to rate this movie. I almost wanted to give it a 10 because I really liked it, but I don't like handing out 10s. So for now I'm going with 9.5 because I liked basically everything about this movie. The scene with Robin Williams talking to Matt Damon on the park bench was very powerful and probably my favorite part.

0767802519.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Professional - 8/10 or (***) Jean Reno and a 12-year old Natalie Portman sure do make for some good acting now don't they?

B0002B14UW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Johnson Family Vacation - 4.5/10 or (*1/2) Bland. Someone tell Bow Wow to shut the heck up too. I think we all would like that.

B0000797IO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Good Girl - 8/10 or (***) This just in: Jennifer Aniston CAN dramatically act. This film is a great drama written by a man usually reserved to comedy (screenwriter Mike White, who wrote two Jack Black vehicles: Orange County and School of Rock).

And finally...

B00029NKU6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Untouchables - 9/10 or (***1/2) Robert De Niro and Sean Connery? Yes, this film is great.

B00005JMX6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Girl Next Door (Unrated Version)

Starring: Elisha Cuthbert, Emile Hirsch

Theatrical Release: March 27, 2004

Zero's Rating: 9/10

My God... six months since this movie hit theaters, I finally bought the DVD. I can't believe I didn't see this movie sooner. I absolutely LOVED this movie; great plot, great dialogue, great music, great acting, great ass on Cuthbert. Whatever I say about this movie will not do it justice, but it's easily my favorite movie I've seen this year right behind Kill Bill Vol. 2. Highly recommended.

The Girl Next Door-9/10

Great movie, lots of funny parts that kept me entertained. I thought it was hilarious to hear Luther Reigns say "Squeeze one of those titties"

Enemy Of The State-8/10

Very good movie, saw it on MuchMoreMusic the other day. A quality action movie, Will Smith and Gene Hackman both do good jobs in the movie

1558908552.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Swingers - 7.5/10 or (***) Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau's first film together truly wasn't a disappointment. In fact, it was quite funny.

B00008IHN1.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Drumline - 7/10 or (**1/2) Formulatic story, but definitely some very good work by the bands. If you like those famed 1-AA bands, watch this.

B00006ZXSO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Someone Like You - 5/10 or (**) Meh. Very meh.

Year of the Bull - 7/10 or (**1/2) For those who don't know, this is a documentary about high-scholl prospect Taurean Charless and about his senior season in HS. It's pretty interesting, so check it out whenever Showtime shows it again.

chroniclesofriddick.jpg

The Chronicles of Riddick - 7/10

The worst of the new movies I've seen lately, but certainly not a bad movie. Got some good fighting scenes at times, but it still lacks something and I'm certainly not a fan of Vin Diesel. That aside though, there's a lovely looking lady in the movie and the story is pretty good. Overall worth the money, good movie.