What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

No internet yesterday but was stuck in the house so finally watched Crank.. fucking funny shit

The public sex = amazing

The fight scenes.. brilliant

It's a movie that wasn't quite sure whether to be drama, action or comedy..

And I fucking loved it

I watched Doubt over the weekend. I thought it was pretty good and was a bit surprised it didn't get more play at the Academy Awards and Golden Globes. Though it did seemed sort of rushed towards the end. I think it was only 77 minutes or something like that. Could have easily been pushed out towards the two hour mark to fix the pacing. Without trying to spoil it, why did no one ever talk to the kid? Isn't that the first thing people do in that situation? I understand that it was a complex situation but still.

Also I watched this documentary the other night called "Tilt". It's about how Pinball went from being huge to basically being a dead form of entertainment. It mainly focuses on the team at Williams that was behind Pinball 2000 which in concept was awesome but had way to many problems. It's not long but I guess there is a DVD version out there with six hours of special features. If I can find it, I'll buy it for sure. I'm glad that in the past three years or so there have been some REALLY good documentaries on video games and things like that. I'd like to see that documentary about people that get lost in games like Warcraft and Second Life. I think it's completed and has been shown before at festivals but apparently it's not out to the masses yet. Also I heard about a documentary currently being made about people that made text adventure computer games back in the 80's. That oughta be something interesting.

Hamlet 2. I feel like at some points it'd of come off funnier if it was animated like South Park, but it had some pretty hilarious moments. I didn't get to finish watching it sadly, as the dvd kept skipping and was eventually unreadable. Damn Blockbuster. But then I moved on to Dexter, watching the first and second episode and holy shit, they need to bring that shit to cable so I can watch it regularly for free.

Observe And Report.

I don't know. It was funny during parts, especially at the beginning. But once you learn a few things about the main character and see how he acts because of it, it becomes a bit hard to laugh.

Observe And Report.

I don't know. It was funny during parts, especially at the beginning. But once you learn a few things about the main character and see how he acts because of it, it becomes a bit hard to laugh.

Could you explain to me what you learn about the main character? I don't want to see the film - I can't stand Seth Rogen - and Wikipedia doesn't have any information about it except he has fantasies of being a policeman.

Obviously put it in spoiler tags.

Battle In Seattle: 4/10

Meh, better than I expected. About as annoying and preachy as I expected. Wasn't bad, but wouldn't watch it again.

Taken: 9/10

Liam Neeson <3. There's something awesome about watching him going around murdering everyone in the film who gets in his way. I would have given it a perfect score, but there are parts of the film that are just too coincidental to be believable.

Miracle at St. Anna 3/10

Too long, too disjointed, too stupid. Could have been way more straightforward, and way better.

I watched "Transformers" last night...I really wish I hadn't. The fact it's that kid kills Megatron...what the fuck? Yeah, the film as a whole is dull as shit.

Yeah, nowhere near enough shots of a sweaty/dirty Megan Fox to justify them raping one of my fondest childhood memories.

Fast & Furious 8.5/10.... FINALLY the series gets back to what it should be, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. Obviously, not as good as the first, but very close for what it's worth.

12 Rounds 7.5/10.... This movie is TEN times better then the Marine, which isn't saying much really. Miles Austin MADE this movie for me, and I was surprised that at how much I liked the movie when I left. I may have rated it higher, but after watching Fast & Furious the night before, I just couldn't.

Jurrassic Park III 8/10...EASILY my favorite Jurrassic Park yet. I never watched it before due to my total distaste for the sequel, but I was blown away at how much I not only enjoyed the movie, but I found myself by the end actually enjoying the movie more then the first. I almost wish they would make another one...if only they promised to follow this format instead of the stupid "OMG Dino goes to San Diego, WHAT WE GONNA DO?!?!?!"

Observe And Report.

Could you explain to me what you learn about the main character? I don't want to see the film - I can't stand Seth Rogen - and Wikipedia doesn't have any information about it except he has fantasies of being a policeman.

From what I can gather,

Main character's bipolar. Also, there's apparently a date-rape scene.

Edited by Claudio Cloudstagnoli

Observe And Report.

From what I can gather,

Main character's bipolar. Also, there's apparently a date-rape scene.

It's not date rape. She is a willing participant. She is just wasted. And yes, you find out the character is bipolar, and you can see him go up and down with his emotions.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

I liked this a lot. I put off watching it for ages because of my hatred towards Russell Brand. I like him a bit more now. It was very funny in places, and the part where they were all sat around a table taking the piss of a movie Kristen Bell had starred in, I was pissing myself. I couldn't work out whether it was a genuine rip on Pulse or not.

Still, it would've been better if the lead actor didn't feel the need to show us a full view of his cock about 5 times.

I watched "Transformers" last night...I really wish I hadn't. The fact it's that kid kills Megatron...what the fuck? Yeah, the film as a whole is dull as shit.

Yeah, nowhere near enough shots of a sweaty/dirty Megan Fox to justify them raping one of my fondest childhood memories.

Shit, man I couldnt agree more...cussing? robots "peeing" on humans? FREAKIN EBAY??? what a piece of trash!

Once again, Hollywood takes a franchise with a big fanbase and then abandons every one of those fans by "re-imagining" everything!

Anyway

Just saw Semi-Pro starring Will Farrell and it was hilarious! Only thing I didnt like was how they didnt have a conclusion to the corndog incident but that is such a MINOR thing...otherwise a fantastic, cookie cutter comedy that hits all the right spots. Very funny movie to break out the bong for!

Semi-Pro: 9/10

Fast & Furious 3/10 - Fucking terrible. I don't care about Mexican drug cartels, I want to see people racing ridiculous cars and crashes. This shit barely had any racing and the cars were fucking lame. Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift was the shit, and this just ruined it.

I bought and watched The Wrestler earlier today. I didn't like it or dislike it any more than when I first watched it which is OK I guess. Usually I find different things when I watch a movie at home that I didn't pick up on at first but I didn't with this. It's a solid film but not Aronofsky's best work. 7.5/10

I've also been watching The Sopranos a TON lately. I never got into it until maybe half way through the second to last season. So now I've started at the beginning and am currently at the second to last episode of season 3. Really good show, better than I thought it was going to be. I liked it when I watched episodes when they were new but now I'm loving the show. I really need to do this with some other shows like The Shield and The Wire.

Stokerina picked up Buffy season 4 pre-owned from Blockbusters (£7) and so that's been on in our front room for the past day or two. I do often forget how good the show was... And it's certainly one of those TV series where we're happy enough to watch continuously for multiple evenings in a row - ala West Wing, Deep Space Nine etc.