What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

B00005AA0L.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

9/10

One of the greatest and most popular movies in American cinema, THE SOUND OF MUSIC is a heartwarming, touching, and true story of the Von Trapp Family Singers.

Maria (Julie Andrews in an Oscar nominated performance) is an anchorite that doesn't really fit in with the other nuns at the convent. The Mother Superior realizes this, and arranges it so that Maria can be a governess for the seven children of a domineering, retired, and widowed naval officer (Christopher Plummer) who runs the house like a ship. Maria brings life and music back to the family, and wins the hearts of the children and eventually their father.

With its gorgeous scenery, superb performances, unforgettable musical numbers ("Do-Re-Mi," "My Favorite Things," and "Edelweiss" among the most popular), and five Academy Awards (including Best Director, Best Score, and Best Picture), THE SOUND OF MUSIC is the perfect family film that never lets its lengthy running time get in the way.

0790732912.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Batman and Robin - 2/10

I've finally determined that I'm watching crappy movies even more closely next time. I gave this turd a 4/10 a few months ago and now I'm cursing myself as to why I was so nice to such a terrible movie. In just the first few minutes, there are several inaccuracies that anyone with a grade school education will figure out. Not to mention, the one-liners suck hard and are used instead of development. Add uselessly extended camera shots, and shockingly bad performances by Ahnold and Uma, and B&R now officially ties Barb Wire as the worst comic adaptation ever.

On the upside, there is no way in hell that Batman Begins will EVER be this bad. If it does, I will begin the loading of the bullets. Just ugh.

B00005JNRB.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Sahara - 5/10

If you've seen any adventure movie ever, you've pretty much seen Sahara. The story does lack in originality and everything here is at its standard with no real want to add anything new and groundbreaking to the genre. And that's not a bad thing, the film does serve its purpose of being a decent two-hour diversion. Just don't expect anything flashy and amazing from it. Overall, Sahara is a decent, if unoriginal, tale that goes through the motions.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

The Pacifier - 7/10 A good comedy for the whole family I wasn't disappointed.

Guess Who - 8/10 Ashton and Bernie mac work wonderfully together and this movie shows it

Boogeman - 10/10 Starts off slow and has several twists but towards the end it makes up for everything

Hotel Rwanda: 9/10

Spanglish: 6.5/10

The Bourne Supremacy 8/10

Better than the first, but the last 20 minutes are a bit flat (after the final scene with Brian Cox's character). The film effectively ends with the car chase in the tunnel.

TwoGuys.jpg

Two Guys

8/10

Good movie. Pretty funny. Its in Korean with subtitles. Id recomend it for anyone into foreign movies.

poster2.jpg

The Hypnotized

8/10

Another Korean movie. This one is really good too. Its a really crazy movie. Again id recomend it to anyone into foreign movies.

Sideways - Wasn't as great as everyone told me, actually everyone said it was hilarious, but I found it only moderately funny, so I did find it to be an excellent movie. 9/10

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

B000059XUO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Crow - 9/10

In the tragic final bow to the career of Brandon Lee, The Crow is more than just a mere revenge flick with Lee fighting his enemies for two hours. As you see from the opening 10 minutes, there is a purpose much more well defined than in most action flicks. Give credit to that to director Alex Proyas, who later directed and crafted another brilliant dark story with the cult classic Dark City. His direction sets a solid tone for the feature with beautifully crafted shots. Credit should also go to David Schow and John Shirley, who crafted a story not just interested in dark themes and violence, but in the purpose for the main character's actions and in how he rescues those he loves from the misery they were under. It is with this care for the main character that puts the film in a reality we all have experienced and puts The Crow above most flicks of its nature. No doubt, The Crow is a tribute to a great man now gone to us, but certainly remembered for his final and ultimately best performance.

Walking Tall

It was a great deal better then I thought it would be, with The Rock pulling out a pretty good performance. 7/10

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Wow. My only issue was that at certain parts, nothing made any sense, but it was all cleared up by the end of the flick. Jim Carrey does an awesome job in this movie. 9/10

I been watchin alot of Asian movies latly!

38m.jpg

Azumi

7/10

Pretty good Japanese movie :)!

DA-567.jpg

Last Quarter

9/10

This one is Japanese too! Really weird movie. I didnt really get what was goin on until the middle of the movie. I understud it better the 2nd time I saw it. Really good movie tho :)!