If you played pro

Lowerdeck

I'd be the starter on a bad team. I've played a lot of Baseball and Hockey, and I've often times been on a terrible team with 3 or 4 guys carrying it. It's much more rewarding and motivating when you need to perform for a team to succeed rather than just sit around and be a non-factor.

Best on a bad team. So much more rewarding when you either...

A) Lead them to a championship

B) Earn enough respect to start for a contender and lead them to a championship

If you are going to be a star, you will get a pretty penny anywhere.

I would most definitely take the bench warmer position. Most get payed pretty well for their sport, not outrageous contracts, but certainly a lot better then a normal person would make, plus all they would be doing was practice, so theres less of a chance of injury. Once in a while you'll get in for a little while and do your thing, but for the most part you just chill and watch the game. Honestly, it really depends on the sport though, as well. Basketball or baseball, theres not that much to be injured by, so playing wouldn't be that bad. If it was (american) football, theres more of a chance of getting hurt.

The crap team. Reason, I'd still have to train no matter which club I played for, and what's the point training to not get a game? That and league 2 football players get enough to live on, there isn't a need for £100,000 a week, not that I'd complain though.