Great Tracks for the Club

RPS

I've got a gig lined up being a DJ in two weeks at a club and have to prepare some tracks for it. I am pretty open minded to what I play, but the type of music usually played is in the vein of top-40, mash-ups & remixes, hip hop and techno. Its got to have its fair share of recent tracks mixed in with the old shit but was wondering if anyone has any ideas. I'll put up a few songs that I am planning on using, just to give people an idea:

Nine Inch Nails - Closer

Glora Gaynor - I Will Survive (remix)

Britney Spears - Boys

The Prodigy - Girls

The BeeGees - Staying Alive (remix)

Basement Jaxx - Wheres Your Head At

MSTRKRFT - Woman (Wolfmother Remix)

Anything similar or different to this stuff apperciated.

If you need anything from the same type of artists, Death From Above 1979's "Romantic Rights" and "Sexy Results" are good club tracks, though, they might be slower paced than the tracks mentioned.

Finger 11's new song "Paralyzer" is dance rock, even if it's different from that sort of vein.

Justin Timberlake - "Love Stoned" and "SexyBack" maybe?

Oh and throw in a lot of Klaxons. That's great club music.

"Only This Moment" and/or "What Else Is There" by Royksopp (Some good remixes of both around as well)

I'm low on suggestions...I'm normally too pissed when I start dancing to actually remember what gets played and what sounds cool. :(

"You're A Superstar" by Love Inc......everyone loves cheese right? :shifty:

OH, that Stardust song...can't remember it's name. Cool as fuck though.

Edited by YI

Are You The One- The Presets

www.myspace.com/thepresets

In The Clouds- Under The Influence of Giants

www.myspace.com/thegiants

It's Too Late- Evermore vs. Dirty South

www.myspace.com/evermore

Shake It- Pitbull

Culo- Pitbull

I got a friend of mine to play some of these in a Top 40/dance music club, and the crowd really got into them, it was cool to see people going off to songs they haven't heard before.

Edited by EndOfAnEra

Fredde le Grand - Put Your Up For Detriot

Moby - Go (Trentmollier remix)

Axwell - Watch the Sunrise

Deep Dish - Party All The Time

Deep Dish - Say Hello

Pryda - Proper Education

Hook n Sling - He Doesnt Love You

Those are some tracks that are slaying the floors now (plus some older ones), if you want to get a real clubbing crowd moving, find those.

If you need anymore, let me know.

Edited by Krazy_K

If you want some Nails, their singles are usually a good place to look for remixes that might be suitable for the club. In particular I'm thinking the Aphrodite mix of The Perfect Drug is good, but I don't have time at the moment to check it out.

I got some people on a NIN board looking into this, but I was in the shower (:shifty:) and I was thinking that Purest Feeling off of the Pretty Hate Machine demo album "Purest Feeling" would be a good club song.

Edited by Tristof

DON'T PLAY CLOSER.

It's over played in clubs and too long to not get bored dancing to.

:(

I've never heard Closer played in a club.

Really? Fuck me, for a couple of years I heard it atleast once a month at clubs I go to. It got so annoying, which is a shame, as it's a great tune.