Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on XBLA

Corizzle

The decline of arcade's is a bummer to me honestly. I always enjoyed a trip to an arcade, ya know the real basic kind that has just video games, none of the grandeur of what's being offered in a Dave and Busters or Gameworks. They always had a nice little appeal, and it was fun deciding which game to play and in which order. Kid stuff ya know.

Actually, it's funny you mention Golden Tee, Zero. I was thinking about that when I was typing about the decline in arcade's. As I typed that I thought "The most popular arcade game I can think of right now is a fucking golf game of all things." But seriously, it's in almost every sports bar that I can think of. Hell, I've seen the fucking thing in shit holes, and there's always a good amount of people rotating in and out of it.

Hell, I've seen the fucking thing in shit holes, and there's always a good amount of people rotating in and out of it.

Seriously, I've seen the introduction of a Golden Tee machine keep a bar in business.

But I doubt it will take very long for gambling to become part of online gaming (on consoles).

Not in America. We just banned online gambling on PCs, there's no chance in hell it would ever get near consoles, which are still considered to be toys.

But I doubt it will take very long for gambling to become part of online gaming (on consoles).

Not in America. We just banned online gambling on PCs, there's no chance in hell it would ever get near consoles, which are still considered to be toys.

Edited by The Kraig

Some filthy, rotten, bastard congressman introduced a port security bill last year that included a ban on internet gambling, it got passed. Internet gambling is now illegal in the United States as a result. As a result, I can guarantee you'll never see gambling on home consoles in the US for decades. I'm sure the internet gambling thing will get lifted in a few years, but again, video game consoles are still considered kids toys.

As for why internet gambling has been made illegal, that's a whole other story... It's America, we still have crazy puritans running around that apparently believe adults can't make their own decisions in life. When it comes to "vices," (gambling, booze, sex, drugs), we base our laws on what stupid people do. "Well, a few people will do this irresponsibly - BAN IT EVERYWHERE!!!!"

Surely that's against human rights? It's your money, you can do whatever the hell you want to with it.

No you can't. You can't use money for illegal activities such as buying drugs or gambling. And technically, they're not telling you what to do with your money, they're telling banks and credit card companies what to do. Gambling is illegal in most of the country to begin with, it's really not surprising they did it. Is it a bullshit law? Of course, but no one's going to do anything about it. Gambling is "evil" and "addictive" and "destroys families." Americans eat that shit up all day.

Edited by Zero

Surely that's against human rights? It's your money, you can do whatever the hell you want to with it.

No you can't. You can't use money for illegal activities such as buying drugs or gambling. And technically, they're not telling you what to do with your money, they're telling banks and credit card companies what to do. Gambling is illegal in most of the country to begin with, it's really not surprising they did it. Is it a bullshit law? Of course, but no one's going to do anything about it. Gambling is "evil" and "addictive" and "destroys families." Americans eat that shit up all day.

Not sure if anyone has checked yet, but Castelvania SOTN just dropped onto the arcade this morning. I only got to play for a few minutes before coming downstairs but I'm already pumped and anxious to beat it again.

Anyone who has some MS points to spare should pick this game up. I doubt you'll find a longer, deeper game on the XBLA currently or anytime soon. (Y)