EU3

I've started a new game as Japan (the Tuscany one was a non-starter really). I get the feeling that it's really, really sick of me to have invaded Korea and Manchu, and now be looking take on China. But on the other hand, you can't imitate history if you're acting 500 years before that history happened. MORAL LOOPHOLE~! :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To move an army on land, left-click the army to select it, and right-click on the other province.

For putting them on boats, take a transport/fleet of transports. Make sure said fleet has a 'transport capacity' of at least the no. of garrison you want to take on it (infantry and cavalry both weigh '1', artillery may weigh more, not sure).

Move fleet into open sea on the coast next to the army.

Select the army and right-click on the fleet to 'move' the army in the same way you would move them into another province.

That SHOULD work...

Edited by stokeriño

Docks don't matter. You can't load troops onto boats that are in port. They just have to be in a sea 'square' that's adjacent to the land 'square'.

Don't you have a fleet of 20 ships with a transport capacity of 7? That's what I had.

And as for uncharted territory: you need the Explore New World (or whatever it's called) idea implemented in your government settings. Then you can buy conquistadors (for land armies) or explorers (for navies) on the screen where you would normally buy Generals or Admirals. You attach them to your army/navy as you would a normal leader, and then you can tell them to move into uncharted territory.

Docks don't matter. You can't load troops onto boats that are in port. They just have to be in a sea 'square' that's adjacent to the land 'square'.

Don't you have a fleet of 20 ships with a transport capacity of 7? That's what I had.

And as for uncharted territory: you need the Explore New World (or whatever it's called) idea implemented in your government settings. Then you can buy conquistadors (for land armies) or explorers (for navies) on the screen where you would normally buy Generals or Admirals. You attach them to your army/navy as you would a normal leader, and then you can tell them to move into uncharted territory.

Improvements as in...city improvements, or the Ideas previously mentioned?

Basic rule of thumb for getting new Idea slots = Government Tech research, on the double!

Once you get a free slot, click on it and select your desired Idea from those available.

Are you actually building Cogs/Flytes? Those are the only ships that can transport units. It's 1 boat to 1 unit.

Man, this game is the only reason why I'm still clinging on to my broken laptop instead of getting a new one.

That, and Windows 'DON'T RUN ANYTHING ON ME OR I'LL ASPLODE' Vista.

Edited by Gongsun Zan