Another PS3 Exclusive Goes Multiplatform

abundant

Capcom’s "Devil May Cry 4" Goes Multiplatform! Mega-hit Title set for PLAYSTATION® 3, Xbox 360™ and PC!

Capcom Co., Ltd., a world-wide leader in the gaming industry, is proud to announce the development of "Devil May Cry 4" for the PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360™ and PC platforms.

"Devil May Cry" is a series of popular, stylish action games, with a cast of unforgettable characters. Since the release of the original "Devil May Cry" in 2001, the series has shipped 6,800,000 copies as of December 31st, 2006, proudly making it one of Capcom's flagship titles. The series appeal is not limited to games; an animated TV series to be broadcast on Japan's WOWOW network is slated to air Spring 2007. The latest iteration, "Devil May Cry 4" will take advantage of each platform's hardware strengths to achieve the most stunning visuals in the series to date, and the introduction of a mysterious new protagonist will keep the action fast and fresh. Even before its release, "Devil May Cry 4" has been met with tremendous anticipation, as fans patiently endured long lines at TOKYO GAME SHOW 2006 for the chance to play the demo. "Devil May Cry 4" will be released simultaneously for the PLAYSTATION®3 and Xbox 360™ platforms.

Capcom was among the first software developers in the world to make games for the next-generation consoles, and those efforts have been met with great success. In addition, Capcom's use of an integrated development environment is one of the many methods being employed to improve efficiency and help take advantage of the cutting-edge functionality in next-generation systems.

Capcom will continue to produce titles that appeal to users while pursuing a multiplatform strategy to help enhance profits.

Another reason not to get a PS3, and just stay with my 360 and Wii. Now I only have 2 reasons to purchase a PS3, MGS4 and Final Fantasy 13. But those games are not worth playing on a $600 plus system.

Edited by Laice07

If you're looking for some serious entertainment or something that will make you weep for the human race, check out the Gamefaqs or IGN boards for DMC4 and how people are reacting to it. It's seriously the greatest unintentional comedy of the week.

Here's one from the IGN boards that I have to share with you:

This is sooooo gay. ps3 wont be able to grow as quick because gay ass microsoft can make their own exclusives because it takes them 2 years to make one. like gears of war. this is gay im hella pissed really i am. im still getting the ps3 version but knowing that x360 and pc are getting it too, makes me want to quit games lol. mgs4 better keep their exclusive to ps3. or else i will go nutz
Edited by Zero

I got that from a thread posted in the Vesti. I have posted something there that has pissed off certain people. It wasn't anything I could get banned for, though. I will just give an abbreviated version of what I have stated:

I detest Microfraud with every fiber of my being, and have for most of my life. This post does not capture my level of hatred for them. Words cannot possibly perform that task. If theer is anything, and I mean anything I can legally do to help give that company the most violent demise it deserves, trust me on this. I will do it. I will do so with vigor. It may be irrational. But I think that everyone on the planet deserves to hold at least one irrational belief. This is my belief.

That said, I feel betrayed by Capcom's reversal. I have put so much faith into them ever since the late 90's, when I started to play Resident Evil since Day 1. They have made some bad choices(DMC2 and RE4[nothing anyone can say will change the fact that I view the game as a disgrace to the saga; but it is a decent stand alone game],) but they have made several good decisions as well. But this shakes my faith in them. If they go through with this, I may never buy another Capcom product for as long as I live, including DMC4. I do not know yet.

I'm in the same boat as Laice. Just need MGS4 to go to the 360 and I will have no reason at all to purchase a PS3. Not that I'd spend 600 bucks for a system anyway. Hell, my 360 I had reserved and payed off over the course of a year...I'll wait until I can find a cheap used/repaired/refurbished PS3 somewhere, just like I did for the original Xbox

LOLOLOLOL ROFL ROFL ROFLMAO sony LOLOLOLOL ROFL ROFL ROFLMAO LOLOLOLOL ROFL ROFL ROFLMAO LOLOLOLOL ROFL ROFL ROFLMAO LOLOLOLOL ROFL ROFL ROFLMAO playstation 3 LOLOLOLOL ROFL ROFL ROFLMAO LOLOLOLOL ROFL ROFL ROFLMAO LOLOLOLOL ROFL ROFL ROFLMAO LOLOLOLOL ROFL ROFL ROFLMAO LOLOLOLOL ROFL ROFL ROFLMAO LOLOLOLOL ROFL ROFL ROFLMAO sony fanboys pwned YET AGAIN OMG WTF PWNZORERORERORERORED

I got that from a thread posted in the Vesti. I have posted something there that has pissed off certain people. It wasn't anything I could get banned for, though. I will just give an abbreviated version of what I have stated:

I detest Microfraud with every fiber of my being, and have for most of my life. This post does not capture my level of hatred for them. Words cannot possibly perform that task. If theer is anything, and I mean anything I can legally do to help give that company the most violent demise it deserves, trust me on this. I will do it. I will do so with vigor. It may be irrational. But I think that everyone on the planet deserves to hold at least one irrational belief. This is my belief.

That said, I feel betrayed by Capcom's reversal. I have put so much faith into them ever since the late 90's, when I started to play Resident Evil since Day 1. They have made some bad choices(DMC2 and RE4[nothing anyone can say will change the fact that I view the game as a disgrace to the saga; but it is a decent stand alone game],) but they have made several good decisions as well. But this shakes my faith in them. If they go through with this, I may never buy another Capcom product for as long as I live, including DMC4. I do not know yet.

Definitely my favourite post from the Gamefaq's boards (at least on the first page). I love how this guy acts like Capcom should give a shit about his opinion, and there's even the slightest thing he could do to "give that company the most violent demise it deserves...with vigor". I'm far from Bill Gates' number one fan, but I can't help but cringe every time I see someone bitch like that.

As for Devil May Cry, I've never really played any of the games much, just a few hours or so with the first one way back when it first came out. However, with this now heading for the 360 I might just have to give it a look.

Hahahahaha. Yeah, god forbid Capcom try to make money in their business venture by offering their product to multiple console owners, as opposed to one single console. Seriously, the gamefaqs boards make me want to vomit all over my keyboard.

This doesn't really bother me. I am one of the people who think "hey now 360 owners will get to play a great game". What will both me though is when MGS4 goes to 360, but I doubt that will happen. With DMC3 going to 360 maybe there is now a slight chance Dead Rising or Lost Planet (or there sequels) will come to PS3. You never know.

This doesn't really bother me. I am one of the people who think "hey now 360 owners will get to play a great game". What will both me though is when MGS4 goes to 360, but I doubt that will happen. With DMC3 going to 360 maybe there is now a slight chance Dead Rising or Lost Planet (or there sequels) will come to PS3. You never know.

Why would MGS4 bother you? Why would any of these bother you if you still get to play the game on PS3?

And rumor has it Microsoft paid a shit ton of money to keep Dead Rising's sequel a 360 exclusive.

Edited by Zero

I think this is good news for those who have one or the other console. I myself will wait for reviews to see which console to buy for, but if they are the same, I'm going 360 as I'm used to it more than the other. Personally I hope it's more enjoyable than the other 3, but wouldn't mind if it was on par with 3. Which coincidentally I began playing again the other night when I got bored.

I hope everyone isn't extremely surprised by this. I mean think about it, most of the developers were struggling to put out good hits for both consoles last generation because they had all these exclusive things. Well, now that everything is in HD, the costs have sky rocketed for production and the companies won't get as much money out of the games, now by releasing multi-platform, they get everyone who bought one but not the other console, which makes up the cost differences. That makes sense to me.