Best Stand Up Ever

Guest Ant

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this thing (I'm sure I mentioned it before) where I like things a lot more before they become mainstream.

I thought Lee Evans and Peter Kay were awesome stand-ups first time round but once everybody knows them and everybody is mimmicking them, it's not funny any more.

Jack Dee has always been a favourite, actually quite a few people say I'm like him. Not sure if that's a compliment or not.

I really like what I've seen of Ross Noble, which isn't much. I saw his "meat on the face" stuff on Jack Dee's Live at the Apollo and thought it was hilarious but I haven't seen a lot else.

Bill Bailey is also a legend. I'm not a fan of musical comedy but his stuff is brilliant.

How could i forget about Omid Djallili?..Guy is freaking hilarious.

"Iraqis are known for curries, halitosis and oil..im just kidding we're running out of Oil"

Hilairous.

I forgot Jim Gaffigan.

And a lot of people say my voice when I'm mocking someone sounds like that "annoying" voice. >_>

I think Jack Dee is probably up as my favourite. What I've seen of Billy Connoly I enjoyed, got all the Bill Bailey DVD's, Al Murray is excellent and I also find Gervais' 2 DVD's good, especially since he hadn't worked his way up doing stand-up like a lot of comedians. I also find Jimmy Carr funny, though moreso on his radio shows than stand up.

Bill Hicks.....meh, I like him, but sometimes it just slips into a huge political rant, which isn't always what I want when I'm looking for stand ups. I see why people love him though.

Dylan Moran is a legend! I think I might watch Monster now because of this thread, that is standup at it's finest. Bill Bailey and Ross Noble are my top stand ups.

• Admin

For me, my favourite is Jack Dee, but I enjoy Ricky Gervais, Lee Evans, Bill Bailey, Phil Jupitus, Lee Mack, Noel Fielding, Alistair Barrie, Dave Fulton and Rich Hall as well. All very funny people.

I am a huge fan of George Carlin. I caught almost, if not all, his HBO specials on OnDemand and I can never get enough of him as I've seen a couple of his specials one too many times according to some people. I also have his flip a day calendar this year which always brings a good laugh to start the day.

Hmm off the top of my head Ed Byrne, Rik Mayall, Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran and Eddie Izzard. This Australian guy called Steve Hughes is pretty good as well, found him through Byrne's MySpace. Mayall however is my fav comedian :D

On Lenny Henry, I love his comedy when he's being spontaneous like on Comic Relief. However, when he plans his material it isn't as funny and usually hits the same topics. He's still as good in that regard to others, just not as good as his random self.

Edited by THEXTREMIST