Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

Browns and Bengals are just putting up points upon points upon points. Anderson's doing pretty good at QB for the Browns which, fortunately for them, will let them slowly bring Quinn in as opposed to making him Couch the sequel. I'm so happy to have Palmer on one of my fantasy teams too, incredible amount of point she's put up.

The Giants and Bengals have no defense today whatsoever. I'm shocked the Texans came back against the Steve Smiths and whooped 'em like that. And the Saints look like a woefully overrated team right now. I guess we'll be stuck with the Bears and Seahawks trying to carry the NFC flag against either the Bolts, Colts or Pats. So, the same as last year basically.

It was good to see Jamal Lewis running for over 200 yards with the Browns instead of agaisnt the Browns. It will be very intresting to see if Anderson can keep this up and hopefully the D shows up next week. I realize that Cinci has one of the top offense's but they had guys wide open all day. It was really good to see Braylon hang on to most of the balls that came his way and put up a big game as well.

It was good to see Jamal Lewis running for over 200 yards with the Browns instead of agaisnt the Browns. It will be very intresting to see if Anderson can keep this up and hopefully the D shows up next week. I realize that Cinci has one of the top offense's but they had guys wide open all day. It was really good to see Braylon hang on to most of the balls that came his way and put up a big game as well.

I am foolish. I traded away Jamal Lewis on Friday and he goes and has a monster game :(

Looks like Patrick Crayton's broken a finger for Dallas, it was pointing out at an ugly angle. That sucks, our 2nd & 3rd receivers both out now.

Fucking bullshit, mother fucking refs just fucked us big fucking time. The fucking ball clearly bounces off the turf into the guys hands and they call it a fucking completion?

And fuck Marinelli for making a stupid challenge earlier in the game and not challenging an obvious fucking incompletion.

They all need to fucking rot in hell and die.

Edit - Oh and Kitna is now out of the game. Our back up is JT O'Sullivan? Who is he? Good question, I don't know either. I mean I do, but he's not worthy of being a third string high school QB. We gave away McCown for nothing, we traded him four a fourth rounder that was cut. Matt Millen needs to die, no fucking joke. A brutal murder.

Edit 2 - and fuck the refs again. How the fuck is there not a penalty when Roy Williams helmet is ripped off, and he's running with no helmet? Give me a break.

Edited by VerbalPuke

These Titans/Colts games really tear me up. It seems it always comes down to that last drive where Indy needs a defensive stop and they bend just enough without breaking. They took a big risk on that last play today stacking 9 in the box to keep Young from taking off but it paid off. Vinatieri had a shaky day though. I'm still wondering how that blocked 20 yarder snuck through the uprights.

My fucking chest hurts from this game, this is some of the most frustrating football I've ever watched. We had so many fucking opportunities to win this game, and we find way after way to blow this game. How do the Lions continue to fucking screw up in every single way shape and form? It doesn't even matter, missed field goal, penalties, turn overs, etc. etc. etc. etc.

And this man supports a 2-0 team, folks. If they were 0-2, his head would have exploded by now.

I love JStarr because he understands. I explained things to you guys last week, so go back a few pages to understand my frustration but now glee.

I think being up 2-0, I can probably relax a bit more in these tight situations. Holy shit.

It's just that I expect us to lose these sort of games, it's come with the territory for the last few years. I'm quick to jump on the murder band wagon (and make no mistake, I still hate Millen), but I love the Lions unconditionally regardless of outcome. Pay no attention to most of my Lions post that use the word "fuck" more than five times. I'll be here for the next 14 games of the season regardless.

My chest still hurts.

But let me give props to Jon Kitna and the Detroit Lions defense. The defense hung tough, and made some great plays, and only gave up ten points (one touchdown was a fumble recovery from the Minny Defense). Kitna is a fucking warrior, he has balls of steels, a chin of granite, and will win at all costs. Sure, he makes mistakes, and sure I call him a fucking asshole, but I love the guy because he has heart god damnit. HEART.

Oh and our WR corps still look dazzling. I love it.

So bring on those fucking Philly Eagles, show us what you got.

And Gorilla Monsoon, you are absolutely, 100% wrong.

I'd also like to mention that football is different than any other sport for me. I don't feel like it's fun and games like basketball or baseball, I feel like I'm at war and wanting my faction to conquer and destroy at all costs. Thus the violent outbursts, something about football makes me call for blood.

I hope for VP's sake the Lions don't win 10 games and make the postseason. I don't want someone to die because their team loses a playoff game.

The Patriots just looked pretty dominant on that first possession. Two guys were wide open on back to back plays and the offensive line is still giving Brady enough time to eat a 6 inch sub before having to pass the ball.

Lastly, I don't think Peyton Manning is involved in enough commercials this year :shifty:

Edit - Oh and Kitna is now out of the game. Our back up is JT O'Sullivan? Who is he? Good question, I don't know either. I mean I do, but he's not worthy of being a third string high school QB. We gave away McCown for nothing, we traded him four a fourth rounder that was cut. Matt Millen needs to die, no fucking joke. A brutal murder.

You guys still got Dan Orlovsky. I never even heard of the other guy.

Pats destroyed the Chargers (Y)

And why is it every time the Bengals and the Browns play each other they seem to go crazy on the scoreboard? I remember several 30+ games from both against each other before.

Randy Moss is going to get Brady his first regular season MVP at this rate.

Game 1 - 9 rec, 183 yds, TD

Game 2 - 8 rec, 105 yds, 2 TD

Total - 17 rec, 288 yds, 3 TD

Brady

Game 1 - 22-28 297 yds 3 TD

Game 2 - 19-25 232 yds 3 TD, INT

Total - 41-53 529 yds 6 TD, INT

Hopefully the Browns fans don't overreact to how their offense looked this week, but at the same time they are proving me right. They are not that bad of a team. They have a lot of young talent, but they are fighting an uphill battle in that division. If they can keep the talent there they'll compete soon.