Official NFL 2007 Thread

ACCBiggz

I didn't forget, Hester ain't a Colt. But good God I hope Beliprick orders his kickers to kick to Hester at some point during Hester's career. That will be a sweet, sweet occasion.

Could you really see him ordering them to kick away from Devin? That'd be showing weakness!

I'm amazed, even the Bears outscored the Pats this week. And that was bullshit when that TD catch inside two minutes wasn't booth-reviewed. The call wasn't necessarily wrong, but any other game, that'd be checked on for sure.

Taylor: Redskins are reporting it was an intentional attack due to the fact that nothing was stolen and the house phone lines were cut. I didn't hear anything specific about a news source or a police report on it, so take it with a grain of salt. Hopefully he'll be ok and ideally be able to play again, but at this point survival without horrible side effects is what to aim for.

MNF: Holy shit that field was horrible. That wasn't even "Wow the weather's so bad it makes this game fun" bad, that was just "....ew." Related note, Big Ben had one of the best passing days of any Steeler ever in that slop, so kudos to him on that.

24 years old, unbelievable. It's always a shame when somebody's life is taken before they have a chance to realize their full potential (and that's not just speaking career wise, but as a family member and friend). I remember hoping that he was going to full to Detroit the year he was drafted. It's a shame because he was turning into a great safety, and was one of my favorite defensive players to watch. He had a hell of a game this year against the Packers.

The real tragedy though is that husband, father, son, nephew, cousin, friend, etc. has been lost.

:( Thats terrible. From what I heard, he was really turning things around after his daughter was born, not getting into trouble and stuff. That makes this even worse, as he was on the right path. My thoughts go out to his family and such.

So thoughts on the Dallas-Green Bay game?

I thought the Cowboys looked good in the first half, and they let off the gas once Aaron Rodgers came in the game and the Packers were right back in it. This goes back to the argument we had a few pages back between which team was the best in the NFC, before the game I thought the Cowboys were the better team, but those same people who thought the Packers were the better team won't change their opinion because KGB, and Charles Woodson didn't play as well as a banged up Brett Favre missing the 2nd half. IMO, the Packers would've gotten owned had Favre stayed in the game because what I saw was the old Favre of old.

As a Packers fan, I'm not gonna make any excuses. It wasn't the injuries to Favre, Woodson, and KGB that hurt us the most. It was the penalties. Atari Bigby should be cut right now. ALL HE DOES is commit penalties.

Other than that, I was very proud of the real A-Rod, coming in and playing a very good game, but we just weren't the best team in the NFC last night. No problem, we'll be back.

After that game, there is a clear view of the playoffs.

AFC Wild Card: Cleveland def. San Diego

AFC Wild Card: Pittsburgh def. Jacksonville

NFC Wild Card: NY Giants def. Seattle

NFC Wild Card: Tampa Bay def. New Oreleans

AFC Divisional: New England def. Cleveland

AFC Divisional: Pittsburgh def. Indianapolis

NFC Divisional: Dallas def. NY Giants

NFC Divisional: Green Bay def. Tampa Bay

AFC Championship: New England def. Pittsburgh

NFC Championship: Dallas def. Green Bay

Super Bowl: New England def. Dallas

I think if Woodson were in the game, the Cowboys wouldn't have been able to pick on Jarrett Bush the entire game. However, I think that was the only real injury that affected the game tremendously. Though if Favre were able to finish the game, I think the game might've been a bit different just because he's been in situations where he's been down with time running out and he came back to win the game. Other than that though, I think Aaron Rodgers played pretty damn good given the game and team he was playing but I'll wait and see him play more before I decide that he's less of a bust than Alex Smith.

I didn't watch the game, but the replays showed that there wasn't a lot of pressure on Romo, you don't think KBG or whatever would've made a difference? I'm simply asking as I have no idea what went on for 90% of the game.