SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ric Flair's new finisher the dreaded Grapefruit Claw. If you listen you can hear the exact point when Flair crushes MVP's nut's. :blink:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GTS1J785La8

Telling moment of this footage: listen to the commentary bits in the beginning between Cole and Jables. Does it sound familiar? That's because Tazz and Cole used the exact same exchange, verbatim, in SvR 2008. Ditto for the second commentary bit, which I believe was JR and Lawler.

I mean, shit. If you're going to go to the work of recording commentary with JBL, at least come up with some original script material. It's not hard, and Cole and JBL have good enough chemistry anyway that if you just let them improvise some generic commentary, they'll probably come up with something better that doesn't sound forced and stupid.

My biggest fear is finding a piece of footage that has Joey Styles telling Tazz that a government mule is what you get beat like when you're in the middle of a slobberknocker.

No, thanks. You guys can have this game. If THQ is going to continue to not give a shit about this series every year, then I'm not going to partake.

I hear next week, and I won't be getting it! At least not for a while. The games are always fun at the start but, I don't know, I always abandon them after a month and never play them again. Seems like a waste.

Guest wwebone

I'll probably pick this one up at some point, since it'll probably be the last WWE game for PS2. And because Cena has an overall rating that's higher than Triple H's, which I just find awesome.

Meh, I'll get it only because I have every SD! game for the PS1/PS2 series that has ever been out, but if it sucks like some of you say it will then it's going to catch dust after about three or four weeks of play.

I wish they would give us some DECENT options for tights, Here Comes the Pain had like 240 options, Though some looked stupid there were some gems and the tights looks fucking stupid with the little squares, But im guessing this has been brought up everytime a new game comes out.

I'll wait a bit and grab it used, unless there's a massive desire to play online like there was with Saints Row. All the benefit of playing the game with none of the guilt of paying money to the game's manufacturer for once again worsening the story/CAW modes.

IGN Review

First reviews are in and they are not good... lowest rating IGN has ever given to a SD game, right? IGN is generally pretty kind to the series. EGM didn't have many great things to say either... bummer too considering we finally get custom soundtracks, but it sounds like that's it.

Not a fan of the reviews. The IGN mode overly criticised story-mode, then when talking about the game play, said it was more of the fun we've all come to love..... then give it a 7? A 7? If it's more of the same, but with an improvement thanks to the fighting styles, how can it score lower? As always with IGN reviews, what they say in the article, and their overall score are two vastly different things.