SmackDown vs. Raw 2008

Riceman 4K

How the feck do you change who you are looking at!?! It doesn't say anywhere in the manual how to do it!

Might not be much help, seeing as I'm on PS3 ...but, on PS3 it's L1 (whilst moving the directional button towards the opponent), so it MIGHT just be the front button on the top left of the controller. :ohwell:

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wwebone

I absolutely HATE how you lose like 15 popularity points for the "resting & relaxation" activity.

And I was going through it with Orton, too. And on the Power 25, he's paired with Edge. They don't separate the two. And I think they factor into account how Edge does each week as well, since no matter what I do, it's hard to move up in the rankings.

I absolutely HATE how you lose like 15 popularity points for the "resting & relaxation" activity.

And I was going through it with Orton, too. And on the Power 25, he's paired with Edge. They don't separate the two. And I think they factor into account how Edge does each week as well, since no matter what I do, it's hard to move up in the rankings.

Yeah, you get to rest on your day off...NOBODY KNOW' WHO YOU ARE NOW!!! That makes no sense at all. Also, I hate how it says you have to complete a set amount of dashes/strong grapples/diving attacks...but doesn't tell you what this set amount is.

By the way, TMM ...did you sort out your superstar focus problem?

Nope...still somehow managed to win a four-way ladder match on legend against Piper, Carlito and Nitro though, so not all is lost!

Player targetting is automatic, which is fucking retarded. You've just got to be near the person you want to hit for long enough, and hope they don't hit you first. I'd also like to know how to reverse diving moves, since the taunt+diving move=full momentum spamming is ridiculous.

A more difficult way to get around the losing popularity with resting problem is to simply simulate all the days till your next match. When you get enough money buy the endurance skill update, and eventually you'll recover more fatigue per day off. I'm managed to get my popularity up to 81 with my 61 ovr CAW by doing this. It takes even longer to build stats, but with weeks going quicker you can earn money faster and buy more skill packs >_>

Edited by Kaney Almeida

Well, just realized that the divas are not playable in certain matches (forgotten about that from last year), and that they are at the end of the men (not alphabetically with them).

I've got a few silly questions...(X-Box 360 btw)

How do you reverse diving moves? On the previous games you'd press the reverse button just as he was about to connect with you. Now that does nothing, when are you suppose to press it?

How the feck do you change who you are looking at!?! It doesn't say anywhere in the manual how to do it!

Why is 24/7 mode so annoying? You get injured, the medical team tell you not to wrestle...but you don't have a choice. Case in point, I got a severe back injury and one move got me red, another move had me lose. Gay.

A more generic question for the X-Box; how do you put music on there? You can't do it from a USB, I guess you have to copy it onto a CD right?

Edited by CQI13

Well, just realized that the divas are not playable in certain matches (forgotten about that from last year), and that they are at the end of the men (not alphabetically with them).

Just like every year!?

I CBA to play this tedious 24/7 Mode, but Ive gotta do it just to get cash and unlock stuff. Which is annoying.

Im doing pretty well with the HoF trophies though.

Just like every year!?

I CBA to play this tedious 24/7 Mode, but Ive gotta do it just to get cash and unlock stuff. Which is annoying.

Im doing pretty well with the HoF trophies though.

Again, just click a later date and simulate a load of stuff, free monies.

I'm enjoying it, although the tag team AI is appaling, with your partner never coming in to save you, even when you've been destroyed.

I'm playing on my friend's PS3 right now, can't wait for my Xbox to get back from the repair place (been almost a month!) so I can play on the 360, apparently it's much smoother.

I'm looking forward to giving people updated entrance music. If only I could find somewhere that had WWE mp3s available for download................ :shifty:

I'm enjoying it, although the tag team AI is appaling, with your partner never coming in to save you, even when you've been destroyed.

I'm playing on my friend's PS3 right now, can't wait for my Xbox to get back from the repair place (been almost a month!) so I can play on the 360, apparently it's much smoother.

I'm looking forward to giving people updated entrance music. If only I could find somewhere that had WWE mp3s available for download................ :shifty:

Tag Team AI has been great for me so far! My partner always comes in to back me up on pinfalls.

24/7 Mode is picking up, however, ive now faced Nitro roughly 50 times in two months :thumbsdown:

WWE Magazine also referred to Roddy Piper as 'the Glasrow, Scotland native, by way of Grenoble, France'.

Where the hell is Glasrow, and when did Piper amalgamate Andre The Giant into his being!?

Yeah, I didn't get that Grenoble thing either...I'm sure it's one of the few places Piper hasn't lived :shifty:

And why do all of Piper's messages he sends you sound like he's been on a three-month crack binge? They're downright terrifying at times. Although he has still been the highlight of 24/7 mode thus far.

I know that I was just wondering whether there is a way to improve my wage per show and there is... my contract on Smackdown ran out and they renewed it with a $6,000 pay rise... also I just won the WHC off Rey Rey after been in a last man standing match two nights before and Rey going on about how I'm so beat up I won't be able to beat him... sounds extremly like WWE burying their champions and now I'm onto the Survivor Series storyline, I actually enjoyed the Matt Hardy feud it had a few more movies and I got into it alot more than the previous fighting for a movie role storyline plus now I'm going out with Maria who keeps texting me every other day...

What a load of horse shit.

After spending the last 7 (SEVEN) hours playing this sitty 24/7 Mode, and after two months of build-up to a WWE Title match at SummerSlam...i dont get my shot. Why? Because I got injured. How did i get injured? 'Managing' a tag team.

Explain me this: I beat HHH's cronies Nitro and Edge and they both alignh with me. Coach books HHH vs Nitro & Edge w/Me, and yet, after Nitro & Edge win, the next cutscene is as if ive been injured fighting Nitro & Edge. Before checking WWE Magazine, I went into my e-mails and entered an e-mail from Teddy Long. I couldnt press back, I HAD to decide whether to move to SD or not right there and then. I decline, knowing itd be a bad idea. I go to check WWE Magazine...'Jeff Hardy loses Title Shot'.

What a load of shit. The storylines dont even follow their own developments now?!

Guess I'm starting again. What a fucking pointless game mode.

Oh yeah, and ive ended ALL of my storylines so far as 'Top Contender', yet the start of the next story sees me having to 'fight for the top contender spot' because im 'definitely one of the top contenders'.

What a load of crap. If this mode is in next year, I'm not buying.

EDIT: I simulated to 'Mania out of anger, and suddenly I'd doubled my Legend Progress to 32%, and had enough cash to buy DX HBK, Foley, Shane and JBL. Good things come out of shit after all :P

Think I'll play GM Mode now anyway.

Edited by 1PWCorino