Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

It's like Trogdor, but less funny and infinitely more annoying!. I mean, this song would be cool for Guitar Hero, but not rock band. Not Rock Band at all.

Wow, that is just stupid as hell. Vagiant is bad enough but this? Ugh, they're just trying to get me to not buy this...

... one bonus track? Really?

Also, Trogdor was kind of awful, to be honest. As far as novelty/odd songs as bonus tracks, "Thunderhorse" was the best. I'll agree that this is dumb, though, entirely because I'm already disinterested in doing vocals without knowing that my job if I were assigned to vocals for this song would be to yell out "TIMMY" a lot.

wait... what? One? the article says 13.

* Acro-brats "Day Late Dollar Short"

* Anarchy Club "Blood Doll"

* Bang Camaro "Pleasure (Pleasure)"

* Crooked X " Nightmare"

* Death of the Cool "Can't Let Go"

* Flyleaf "I'm So Sick"

* Freezepop "Brainpower"

* Honest Bob "I Get By"

* The Konks "29 Fingers"

* The Mother Hips "Time We Had"

* Timmy & The Lords of the Underworld "Timmy & The Lords of the Underworld"

* Tribe "Outside"

* VAGIANT "Seven"

Ahahaha, sorry, what I meant by that was "one bonus track is making you not want to buy the entire game?", not "there's only one bonus track?" My bad.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

This was taken from ps3.qj.net

Those who plan on downloading songs have the option of picking up packs of three songs for US$ 5.49 (440 MS Points for Xbox 360 users) or individual songs for US$ 1.99. Harmonix also said that future songs may be sold for as low as US$ .99 (80 points) or as high as US$ 2.99 (240 MS points).

Now that you you know how much the songs will cost, here's the schedule of releases so you can plan your purchases accordingly:

Week of November 20, 2007

Metallica Pack

Ride the Lightning - Metallica

Blackened - Metallica

And Justice for All - Metallica

The Police Pack

Can't Stand Losing You - The Police

Synchronicity II - The Police

Roxanne - The Police

Queens of the Stone Age Pack

3's and 7's - Queens of the Stone Age

Little Sister - Queens of the Stone Age

Sick Sick Sick - Queens of the Stone Age

Individual Tracks

Fortunate Son as made famous by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Juke Box Hero as made famous by Foreigner

Bang a Gong (Get It On) as made famous by T-Rex

My Sharona as made famous by The Knack

Cherry Bomb as made famous by The Runaways

Joker & The Thief - Wolfmother

Week of November 27, 2007

David Bowie Pack

Moonage Daydream - David Bowie

Heroes as made famous by David Bowie

Queen Bitch as made famous by David Bowie

Week of December 4, 2007

Black Sabbath Pack

N.I.B. as made famous by Black Sabbath

Sweet Leaf as made famous by Black Sabbath

War Pigs as made famous by Black Sabbath

Week of December 11, 2007

Punk Pack:

Rockaway Beach- Ramones

I Fought the Law- The Clash

Ever Fallen In Love as made famous by Buzzcocks

Week of December 18, 2007

Individual Tracks

My Iron Lung - Radiohead

Buddy Holly- Weezer

Brass in Pocket as made famous by Pretenders

Blackened is great, but Ride the Lightning and Justice For All? They coulda picked better songs than that for the Rock Band experience. Just from each album chosen, why not Creeping Death and Harvester of Sorrow? Or Fade to Black and Eye of the Beholder?

Played it over the weekend (helps to have previously worked in a video game store.) IGN pretty much nailed it, and in my opinion, it breaks down like this:

Rock Band = fun and simple for a group, decent for solo, designed more around the idea of the four players enjoying the game as a band

Guitar Hero = fun solo game, decent duo game, designed more for people who like a challenge and enjoy showing off.

For those getting a crack at the game this week, I suggest to try singing first and manage to get the crowd singing along with you. You feel absolutely bad...ass...

May we all have a moment of silence for Guitar Hero?

This game is fucking legendary. Hands down, the greatest party game EVER made and the guitar parts aren't ridiculously insane like in GH3. The only problem with this game is you can't play the Band World Tour (the main multiplayer mode) online, otherwise, it would be a rare perfect game. Easily my pick for game of the year and the definitive multiplayer game - yes, I'm putting it above Halo, Smash Bros. and Goldeneye.

Speaking of a lack of online tour mode....mysterious potential conspicary theories!

http://ca.today.reuters.com/news/newsArtic...OCKBAND-COL.XML

But, towards the end of the interview, when talking about the franchise's future Yapp couldn't help but dangle a carrot in front of Rock Band fanboys saying that "our next big announcement, which is coming up fairly quickly, is a move to a whole other realm".

Could really be anything, online tour, more DLC, the release of instruments on their own...who knows. I'll leave this to tease you.

Man. So I played drums for the first time last night at Best Buy and I can already tell what I will be playing obsessively just so I stop sucking so much at it once I eventually get the game. The fact that I had difficulty with fucking Wave of Mutilation on MEDIUM reinforced that for me.

May we all have a moment of silence for Guitar Hero?

This game is fucking legendary. Hands down, the greatest party game EVER made and the guitar parts aren't ridiculously insane like in GH3. The only problem with this game is you can't play the Band World Tour (the main multiplayer mode) online, otherwise, it would be a rare perfect game. Easily my pick for game of the year and the definitive multiplayer game - yes, I'm putting it above Halo, Smash Bros. and Goldeneye.

BWT Online is in the cards. Nothing has been officially announced, but there have been slight hints (as well as HUGE gamer demand) for this to happen.

A tiny bit more in-depth, as I spent all last weekend with it.

1. Vocals on Easy and Medium allow you to fudge more than you think. So long as you're even slightly in key, you're good. Hard and especially Expert, you better know the words syllable-for-syllable.

2. Drums are the hardest instrument and doubly so for anyone who has no experience with them.

3. May I advise all of you to try the bass on Hard for "Enter Sandman", the vocals on any difficulty for Boston, and at least one full band run-through of "Timmy" with each person taking a turn on vocals.

Are you allowed to choose bass during solo career, or is it just like GH where you can only play it during multiplayer/practice?

No bass solo career, but you can play it in any other mode.

To add to that - and with all due respect, because I know you're just starting to get into Hard and Expert difficulties in GH, Fitz - a bass solo career would be beyond cakewalk, even on Expert (save for The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again" and a few other songs.) The bass, unlike GH, generally stays true to the song and is never frustratingly difficult for the sake of being frustrating difficult. Even the most rough parts make sense once you think them through -- and that goes for any instrument.

That said, I would argue that the bass drum pedal is a little underwhelming when it comes to sixteenth-note patterns (for instance, the verses in "Epic" on Hard and Expert.) Not to say it's impossible, but it tends to be more frustrating than anything else.

I just finished the Drum Solo tour on Easy and feel like Dave Grohl - the drums are insanely difficult. But still, as Midge pointed out, the drums, like the bass, are not frustrating just for the sake of being frustrating, much unlike anything above medium in GH3, which I still have little desire to go back to after seeing how ridiculous Slayer is.

Edited by Zero

Guest wwebone

I played a bit of it in early October at a Cleveland Indians rally outside of Jacob's Field before the playoffs began. I friggin' loved this game. Tomorrow night, I'm headed over to a party where the game will be present, it's gonna be a blast. I plan on picking up the PS2 version, whenever it comes out.