Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

Harmonix has confirmed Guitar Hero guitar controllers and additional third-party controllers are compatible with the game, including the new Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Gibson Les Paul controllers, with the exception of the PlayStation 3 Les Paul peripheral. However, the Rock Band Stratocaster guitar is not compatible with Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.

Two seconds work on Wikipedia, Fitzy >_>

I dunno how well it would work though, since there are like, 5 extra frets on the RB one. I'd rather use the stratocaster anyway, it looks coolers >_>

I just wish it was out over here :(

A lot of people don't like the Rock Band guitar and opt for the GH3 one instead. Personally, I love the Strat, once you get used to it, it makes the GH controllers feel even more like toys. The extra frets are for solos only though, so they pretty much play and work identical. Only problem is the first batch of Strats are almost guaranteed to stop working (mine has), but luckily Harmonix has a nice warranty policy.

A lot of people don't like the Rock Band guitar and opt for the GH3 one instead. Personally, I love the Strat, once you get used to it, it makes the GH controllers feel even more like toys. The extra frets are for solos only though, so they pretty much play and work identical. Only problem is the first batch of Strats are almost guaranteed to stop working (mine has), but luckily Harmonix has a nice warranty policy.
Edited by Jack Krauser III

I have not found any complaints which leads me to believe my guitar on the PS3 is faulty, but wanted to ask before I did anything so.... Is anyone else having problems with the overdrive feature on the guitar? If I jerk it up it won't go off at all and holding it up works eventually usually long after I wanted it to. I know hitting the select button will set it off, but that option pretty much takes away the use of the whammy bar so I don't hit the start button and pause it.

Otherwise I am in heaven with this game and it sold me on buying a PS3 for this game alone. Passed medium on Drums mostly 5 star and struggling on hard as the off beat stuff is really hard for me so far only having touched a real set 13 years ago for about two weeks and passed hard on guitar mostly 5 star which is my normal setting on GH. ...and Justice for All is such an awesome song for this game both the guitar and drums is fun as hell! I really wish they had the option of two foot pedals for some of that stuff and the challenge is really keeping me in the game, but not overwhelming! Only thing I can say bad about it is that Band Tour Mode you can only get up to 260,000 fans or about that with the lowest setting on medium. Until they add that online I don't know anyone good enough to play on higher levels unless everyone could play guitar.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to know who the HELL is good at drums here so I can shake their hands. GOOD GOD.

Quoted for truth. Maybe I'll get better when I own the game later this week, but when I played at a geek party I attended a week back I was barely even doing tolerably on easy mode.

Hopefully when the supposed patch for online World Tour comes out we can start an EWB-based band. I'm decent at all the instruments, so I'll play or sing whatever.

As for the drums, I'm surprised I've been able to do as decent as I have been. Averaged 90% or so on the easy tour, same average for the medium tour. I was getting a little impatient, tried to do "Maps" on Expert and failed at 20% or so. I then tried "Say it Aint So" on Hard, passed, then tried it on Expert, and got to 89% before failing out.

All in all, very fun game, I'm enjoying it more than GH3. Hilarity will ensue when I bring it over to a friends house tonight.

Edited by Ekin Jones

An EWB band would be awesome. I'd get in on it depending on the actual skill level required (I can do guitar/bass on hard, that much I know, but I'm abysmal at drums and probably average at best on vocals).

Band World Tour is awesome, but you can only get up to 660,000 fans when all the players are not on expert mode. That sucks in my opinion. Especially when the online leaders have over 70 million. I can play through drums on Hard, but near the end it's pretty tough. I am about half way through expert. I can play Guitar on expert all the way through, but I don't know anyone that can play drums at all or any one that can play guitar on expert so the world tour is stuck forever on 660,000 until the patch comes out :'(

My 12 year old daughter can sing really awesome on expert once she learns the words, but it's unnerving listening to her sing "In Bloom".

My 12 year old daughter can sing really awesome on expert once she learns the words, but it's unnerving listening to her sing "In Bloom".

My sister, bless her heart, loves to sing that song, but Kurt Cobain rolls over in his grave various times whilst she does. She's only decent at singing so I let her do that.

You can't hear her she barely makes any noise, but the mic picks it up good and she keeps the pitch right, It's just she don't listen to that music and needs to learn the words, but she loves doing it. The problem is when I hear her say the specific line "Nature is a Whore" Something seems unsettling when she says that lol...