Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

I asked De if I could borrow the idea and he said yes (with one condition added) anyways I will start this once I figure out how. Here are some of ideas:

- Instead of the lowest score being eliminated have be more like a league - It would be able to last as long as we want it to.

- Three Leagues/Divisions: Guitar/Bass, Vocals, Drums - Put out two or three challenges a week. Choose what ones you want to do so if you don't like singing don't do it same goes for guitar and drums.

- Maybe have top three receive points 3 for first, 2 for second and 1 for third best - or we could just do it by sum of your in game score.

- Rankings for each league/division - makes sense

- When the eventual end comes Winners for each league/division and overall winner will be named (those who choose to do everything have the best chance of winning the overall winner)

That is just one set of ideas. Tell me what you think.

I'm in, but as stated before you can cheat/manipulate the vocals for better scores and I don't think it's fair for those that know that will win Vocals hands down. I would like to see some DLC, but some people could be on PS2 and not be able to obtain it or money issues so probably not a good idea to have any.

Edited by Sacrafice540

I asked De if I could borrow the idea and he said yes (with one condition added) anyways I will start this once I figure out how. Here are some of ideas:

- Instead of the lowest score being eliminated have be more like a league - It would be able to last as long as we want it to.

- Three Leagues/Divisions: Guitar/Bass, Vocals, Drums - Put out two or three challenges a week. Choose what ones you want to do so if you don't like singing don't do it same goes for guitar and drums.

- Maybe have top three receive points 3 for first, 2 for second and 1 for third best - or we could just do it by sum of your in game score.

- Rankings for each league/division - makes sense

- When the eventual end comes Winners for each league/division and overall winner will be named (those who choose to do everything have the best chance of winning the overall winner)

That is just one set of ideas. Tell me what you think.

The condition being that I hold Execumative Produmacer credits, and in that vein, some more suggestions.

1) No Vocals. Vocals suck and are bad. Split Guitar and Bass into separate leagues.

2) If you're choosing to go with the 3/2/1 points, then have challenges be more than just Song X on Difficulty Y. Do something like I'm thinking about doing (i.e. make the people remaining play Expert Cult of Personality, but the only thing mattering be their completion percentage on the solos).

3) Separate winners, yes, overall winner like that, no. If you're going to do an overall winner, consider doing three more challenges - one for each instrument. It accomplishes the same goal, but would probably be more fun.

4) Downloadable content should require a 100% majority vote - it's not fair to include it if people either don't want to buy it or don't have the capacity to buy it. Bonus songs, on the other hand, are a different thing altogether.

If you want to cut out the cheaters on vocals, just ramp the difficulty up to expert. It doesn't really make sense to cut out one of the instruments entirely. :ohwell:

Getting gold stars on expert ain't really all the hard when you know how to cheat the game mechanics. You can do what ever you wish. I just wanted to warn him of it before deciding to do so thats all.

For being on the 360 and the guy running it would do that it's for sure an option, but both CKN and I are on the PS3 and alas you can't do vice chat while in the game ATM so... It does suck, but thats the BS for having people find these cheats per say. I don't think it's really a cheat, but a much easier way to get real high score with voice and I tried it and it works. I couldn't pass one song on expert, but did 14 strait without failing when trying the BS method just to see if was true. I hate the voice to be honest, but it sucks that my wife can't do any voice on expert even though she is pretty good with Karaoke. I just wish it was done a little better. I don't know how that can be done if at all, but it does blow to have one instrument be this way.

How do you cheat it? Don't worry, I don't own the game, just an interested party.

It's something to do with the way the game rates vocals. Since the software can only determine pitch, it doesn't matter at all what the fuck you're singing, just as long as it sounds right, so rather than strain your voice holding the right notes, you could just hum in the right pitch.

Kinda hard to explain, but this video should give you an idea:

Not to encourage all you cheats, of course >_>:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lM2AkJVPJo

The next two weeks of downloadable content for Rock Band have been revealed, and by none other than Xbox.com no less. The week of January 22 will see the release of the Oasis Pack, which will include three songs by Oasis (go figure). The following week of January 29 will bring the Progressive Pack, which will include tracks by Smashing Pumpkins, Rush, and Coheed and Cambria. Both song packs are 440 MS Points each. Each song can also be downloaded individually for 160 Points. See the breakdown below:

So yeah, on the surface I was pretty happy with the look of these packs. I like Oasis, I know a lot of EWB doesn't so far enough. Co&Ca though? Hell, everyone loves them! But then when they reveal the songs we have the shocking truth.

* Oasis Pack

o "Don't Look Back in Anger"

o "Live Forever"

o "Wonderwall"

* Progressive Pack

o "Siva" by Smashing Pumpkins

o "Working Man" as made famous by Rush (cover)

o "Ten Speed (of God's Blood and Burial)" as made famous by Coheed and Cambria (cover)

Why master on the retail game but only cover on DLC? :angry:

Though by the look of things Xbox.com removed this info so who knows what will happen.

Edited by King Ellis Island