Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

No. It is only to get your overdrive activated. That fill section is only for drums (not counting Big Rock Endings where everyone has that long fill section). For guitar/bass you get overdrive just like in Guitar Hero by hitting the white notes.

Edited by Fizzy Say CHOWDAH!

I was just watching someone kick ass at Run to the Hills Drums, and I realised that I didn't know anything about the Overdrive section. Am I right in thinking that, during an Overdrive section, you can basically do whatever you want with your chosen instrument and it'll count as points?

Despite playing Rock Band, I'm not 100% on the terms since I tend to equate it all to Star Power, but I don't think that's the word you're looking for, as I believe Overdrive is the Rock Band term for Star Power. Do you mean the Big Rock Finish? Because yeah, you can pretty much fuck around at the end of the song if it's available, as long as you hit all of the notes after that section finishes. Which can be deceptively annoying in songs like the OK Go one where there are like four notes after the finish section and you were too distracted fucking around to have your fingers in the right position.

Or do you mean the fill in sections for drums?

Despite playing Rock Band, I'm not 100% on the terms since I tend to equate it all to Star Power, but I don't think that's the word you're looking for, as I believe Overdrive is the Rock Band term for Star Power. Do you mean the Big Rock Finish? Because yeah, you can pretty much fuck around at the end of the song if it's available, as long as you hit all of the notes after that section finishes. Which can be deceptively annoying in songs like the OK Go one where there are like four notes after the finish section and you were too distracted fucking around to have your fingers in the right position.

Or do you mean the fill in sections for drums?

GH3 definitely has a bigger window for hitting notes, but after playing Rock Band, it's difficult to transition back. I hate to be so harsh on the Guitar Hero series these days, but it feels so clunky compared Rock Band.

Crushcrushcrush by Paramore

Beethoven's C*** by Serj Tankian

Shockwave by Black Tide

They are 80 points each (which I assume will be for a limited time) on 360. PS3 is (I think) $0.99.

I think pretty much the only song officially announced for the future that I really want is "Still Alive." I still need to purchase "Get It On (Bang a Gong)," though.