Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

Disappointing.

The guitar I have for GH is shit, the green button rarely works and the strum bar goes for a break everytime a solo appears so I was looking forward to getting a good new one with Rock Band. Also DRUMS. I don't think even I can justify that colossal waste of money. Le sigh.

I can only echo everyone else; that price has completely removed any desire I had to buy this game. That's just poor marketing, because they have managed to take a large number of people that were previously chomping at the bit to buy their product, and horribly overpriced it to the point that their potential (and damn near certain to be) customers are no longer interested.

I've got two guitars and a headset, that's all well and good, all I technically need is the game. But the only thing I was really interested in (other than different songs to play) was the drums, and there's just no way I'm paying those kinds of prices. Maybe I'll have a change of heart when I know if/how much staff discount I could get on it, but at the moment, it's fingers crossed on some savvy ebay sellers taking advantage and undercutting the RRP somewhat.

MTV Games has confirmed to Shacknews that the new tracks contained within the European edition of Harmonix's multi-instrument music title Rock Band will be released in North America as downloadable content for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 iterations.

I hope they all come in one pack costing 20,000 M$ points. <_<

I like how the European bonus tracks, originally announced to placate the Europeans asking about the horrible delays, will be available to everyone else at the exact same time. I didn't expect them to remain exclusive (unlike that fucking companion CD for GH :angry:), but some sort of a delay or something.

VENDORS, START YOUR GOUGING!

To kick us off, it seems Play.com has the Instruments at £99.99 and the game at £39.99. This is a step in the right direction. If I could get the game for £30 and then get others to chip in for the instruments for my birthday or whatever then it could work.

5% off discount voucher brings it to £132.98.

Edited by Ellis Misses Benji

Well talk of those prices has actually taken my interest away despite me being massively hyped for it towards the end of '07. As with it not coming for the PS3 unti lsummer now which is APALLING considering the same game has been out in the US for months....Looks like I'm making a foray onto ebay although I was trying to avoid all that.

Even with my work discount (until I leave at the end of May) of 25% that's still a million miles away from what it's actually WORTH....Cynical on the highest level.