Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

Well, the question of when full albums would show their face as DLC has been answered:

We're proud to unleash our first full album upon the masses- Judas Priest's 1982 classic Screaming For Vengeance! All tracks will be available separately for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points), or as a whole album for $14.99 (1200 Microsoft Points). Full press release here.

This is for April 22nd.

Also of note:

We're also happy to announce two more albums that are in the pipeline and coming in the near future- The Cars album The Cars and the Pixies Doolittle.

Not the anticipated Who or Nivarna but full albums nontheless.

While I have tremendous amounts of respect for Judas Priest and what they've done, I can't say that I really give a shit about any of those albums. Hell, even Nevermind wasn't something I was really looking forward to.

...I want some fucking Misfits and more "current" music. Saints of Los Angeles is a fucking awesome track... why not release a Motley Crue album? Or even just more songs?

I'm curious as to whether or not Harmonix has released any numbers regarding what downloadable songs/packs have sold. Does anyone have any idea about that? I'm interested in whether or not the stuff that I like is selling.

There is a topic on Scorehero about this. I don't know where they get the information from but apparently there has been over 6 millions songs downloaded and that Metallica is the most downloaded (this I can probably assume is correct as when I play online I almost always get someone with the Metallica pack). No other information about what sells and what doesn't, though.

Edit: Actually, it is now at 8 million+ according to Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopulos during a recent interview talking about the album pack coming out.

Edited by Fitzy

Alright. Thus far I'm one note away from getting 100% on it on guitar. That enough appreciation for you?

I'm seriously more excited for The Cars than I was for Judas Priest. I might get three songs off of that, and two of them are only for drums and singing because I already have them on GH1 and 80s. But The Cars? I'll be grabbing six or seven tracks from that, if not going ahead and just getting the whole thing.

Well I beat The Hand That Feeds on expert. Cheaply. I skipped every blue one as I couldn't get my hands to hit those ones, the red one, and the kick pedal one after the other. :shifty:

I four starred Sabotage, Dani California, and Are You Gonna Be My Girl. Got three stars on Paranoid and Orange Crush. For Paranoid I kinda played it like it was hard meaning I only hit two of the three kick pedals. Orange Crush I barely passed as I was in the red a lot.

But the Stockholm tier looks like it is going to be tough. I four starred Welcome Home. That's not hard at all. Vasoline and Electric Version both suck. I don't see myself passing those. When You Were Young I might be able to as I got up to 80% but the entire song is like full of kick pedal hits and I just can't hit them all. And I haven't played Green Grass and High Tides but when I played it on Expert against Shorty I didn't do that bad. I will be able to pass that. But yeah, those other three will keep me busy for a long time I am sure.

As for the bonus section. I can't beat Day Late, Dollar Short. And in the download section I cannot even come close to beating any of the Metallica Pack songs or Hitch A Ride by Boston.

Darn fitzy and his expert drumming. I'm stuck on the 2nd tier which makes me feel very inadequite. Though finally beating expert guitar the other day was a fantastic triumph. Now all I've really gotta do is go through and get all the band world tour achievements and the drumming ones and I'll 1000 point it, but I doubt that.

Have you got the flawless drumming achievement yet fitzy?

Darn fitzy and his expert drumming. I'm stuck on the 2nd tier which makes me feel very inadequite. Though finally beating expert guitar the other day was a fantastic triumph. Now all I've really gotta do is go through and get all the band world tour achievements and the drumming ones and I'll 1000 point it, but I doubt that.

Have you got the flawless drumming achievement yet fitzy?

Do you have any tricks or advice for beating Green Grass? I can get to around 80% with no problems, and then I just go to death on that really hard green red yellow red yellow green etc. pattern that's really fast.

Okay... now, what's the difference between doing a solo with the regular frets and the ones at the bottom of the guitar?

Is there any difference, or is strictly for looks and to make people feel ultra super cool for shredding like their favorite ax-men?

The ones at the bottom means you don't have to strum. If you use the normal buttons you will have to strum.

DLC for 4/29

The Mother Hips – “Red Tandy” (MASTER)

The Mother Hips – “Time Sick Son of a Grizzly Bear” (MASTER)

Smashing Pumpkins – “Zero” (MASTER)

I wonder what song Zero's gonna get. :shifty:

Edited by Fitzy