Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

Darn fitzy and his expert drumming. I'm stuck on the 2nd tier which makes me feel very inadequite. Though finally beating expert guitar the other day was a fantastic triumph. Now all I've really gotta do is go through and get all the band world tour achievements and the drumming ones and I'll 1000 point it, but I doubt that.

Have you got the flawless drumming achievement yet fitzy?

Do you have any tricks or advice for beating Green Grass? I can get to around 80% with no problems, and then I just go to death on that really hard green red yellow red yellow green etc. pattern that's really fast.

Honestly, practice, practice, practice. It took me like 3-4 months just to beat that one song and i somehow got lucky enough to get through that. What I do is keep a full bar of overdrive right up to that part and then try and get through it without it or deploy it when i need to. There's a little section that you can get another thing of overdrive if you whammy enough, but I didn't because that would just throw me off. And if you can just try to practice the G-R-Y-R-G trill and you'll get better at it. After you beat both GRYRG and the RYBYR trills there's alot of opportunities to get overdrive to save you for the ending parts (either the OBYR slides which i found easy and the OBY slides which I had to use overdrive on).

Oh and Zero finally coming out is fantastic. Though aren't The Mother Hips a bonus and/or harmonix band? Should've included Misery Business >_>

Edited by ragbag

Darn fitzy and his expert drumming. I'm stuck on the 2nd tier which makes me feel very inadequite. Though finally beating expert guitar the other day was a fantastic triumph. Now all I've really gotta do is go through and get all the band world tour achievements and the drumming ones and I'll 1000 point it, but I doubt that.

Have you got the flawless drumming achievement yet fitzy?

Do you have any tricks or advice for beating Green Grass? I can get to around 80% with no problems, and then I just go to death on that really hard green red yellow red yellow green etc. pattern that's really fast.

Honestly, practice, practice, practice. It took me like 3-4 months just to beat that one song and i somehow got lucky enough to get through that. What I do is keep a full bar of overdrive right up to that part and then try and get through it without it or deploy it when i need to. There's a little section that you can get another thing of overdrive if you whammy enough, but I didn't because that would just throw me off. And if you can just try to practice the G-R-Y-R-G trill and you'll get better at it. After you beat both GRYRG and the RYBYR trills there's alot of opportunities to get overdrive to save you for the ending parts (either the OBYR slides which i found easy and the OBY slides which I had to use overdrive on).

Oh and Zero finally coming out is fantastic. Though aren't The Mother Hips a bonus and/or harmonix band? Should've included Misery Business >_>

Yeah, I can get the OBYR slides easy, just the OBY one that's a little harder. Going to go and try to beat it again, and really work on it this weekend. Hopefully I'll get there.

I was going for the flawless groove achievement and I screwed up right at the end of Say It Ain't So where it goes blue orange and I think back to blue again. :angry:

After trying (and failing) several other songs, I came back to Say It Ain't So and got the achievement. :)

Edited by Fitzy

Fucking Green Grass and Fucking fuck Tides can lick my balls. Only song I have left on the solo tour for expert guitar. The song's almost as fucking annoying as Raining Blood on Guitar Hero.

Ugh! After managing to pass through expert Go With The Flow, Ballroom Blitz, and Train Kept A-Rollin', I decided to go for the Flawless Drumming achievement so I picked what I felt is the easiest song on expert I Think I'm Paranoid. So after missing a note I'd quit and start again. I did this a few more times as I'd randomly miss a note along the way. Until one time I get to the very end not realizing along the way I managed to drop a note as I got 99% and that sucked. So I tried it again. After an hour or so of this I gave up and tried another song. Missed notes on those and came back to I Think I'm Paranoid. On two more occasions I'd make it near the end only to drop a note. So frustrating. I just hate listening to that song at all now. I'll obviously try it again as it still is the easiest song in the game and I will pass it one day. But wow and damn is it frustrating to play to the end of the song only to wind up with 99%. :angry:

Also, apparently if you buy Disturbed's next album in June you will get a code to download some of their songs for Rock Band.

Edited by Fitzy

Also, apparently if you buy Disturbed's next album in June you will get a code to download some of their songs for Rock Band.

That's actually a pretty brilliant idea, more artists should do that, when you buy their album, you get a code for Rock Band for the album, so you can listen with the CD or play along on Rock Band.

Next week for DLC we have a 3-pack. Each song is available at $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) or $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for the whole Scene Pack.

The three tracks are-

“This Ain’t A Scene, It’s An Arms Race” by Fallout Boy (master)

“Date With The Night” by Yeah Yeah Yeahs (master)

“It Hurts” by Angels & Airwaves (master)

I'd tap it.

So the rumor of the Disturbed songs for Rock Band were true and they are both from the new CD.

Starting Sunday 5/4 pre-order the new album Indestructible on bestbuy.com and get a code to redeem "Inside The Fire" and "Indestructible" on June 3 for Xbox 360 RockBand for free.

And the CD cost $17.99. Aren't CDs usually only $10 these days? I don't think $17.99 is worth it for two "free" songs.

5/13 DLC

Hanging on the Telephone by Blondie (master)

Train in Vain by The Clash (master)

Kool Thing by Sonic Youth (master)

And I finally got the Flawless Drumming achievement. :w00t: Took me a long time but I did it on I Think I'm Paranoid. 142,875 with my first ever five gold stars as well. 1231 Note Streak. Now I shall never play this song again as I have outplayed it just to get this achievement. :shifty:

I also got the 20 wins in score duel achievement.

Jeebus Fizzy, you're like a drum playing machine!

I tried all day yesterday to get that fucking 5 in a row Tug of War achievement, but I always get fucked over around song 4 or 5 by someone who can play Flirtin' With Disaster and get gold stars on expert.

DLC for next week looks good, but I don't think I need Kool Thing since it's already on GH3.

I am still learning on expert as there are 17 song that I can only get three stars on and some I can't even pass (Dead on Arrival, Detroit Rock City, Cherub Rock, (Don't Fear) The Reaper, Foreplay/Long Time, Highway Star, Run To the Hills, Tom Sawyer, and Won't Get Fooled Again). Enter Sandman is the only easy one from those tiers. But I do have ten songs with four stars and only have five five star songs. This is just for the main songs, though.