Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

Ragbag and Zero, you guys want to play anytime tonight for a bit? I just finished the endless setlist, and although my fingers are sore a bit, I could play a few more games with you guys if you are up to it. Just have ragbag invite us all in if that's what we decide to do.

You should've went for the bladder of steel achievement! >_>

But I'm probably going to get off after I get done with this setlist on BWT as I've gotta finish up some homework and shit.

I may, on bass or vocals sometime, does it have to be on Expert? And yeah, we can play tomorrow or this weekend sometime.

Ragbag and Zero, you guys want to play anytime tonight for a bit? I just finished the endless setlist, and although my fingers are sore a bit, I could play a few more games with you guys if you are up to it. Just have ragbag invite us all in if that's what we decide to do.

You should've went for the bladder of steel achievement! >_>

But I'm probably going to get off after I get done with this setlist on BWT as I've gotta finish up some homework and shit.

I may, on bass or vocals sometime, does it have to be on Expert? And yeah, we can play tomorrow or this weekend sometime.

I actually think the difficulty doesn't matter as long as you just don't pause or fail out.

DLC for 9/23

Rush's Moving Pictures Full Album

Tom Sawyer (orig version)

Red Barchetta

YYZ

Limelight (orig version)

The Camera Eye

Witch Hunt

Vital Signs

The full album will be available for $10.99 (880 Microsoft Points) or $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track individually.

We are also releasing a bunch of individual tracks:

Bad Religion - Sorrow

The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary

Hot Hot Heat - Bandages

Kasabian - Shoot the Runner

Sleater-Kinney - You're No Rock N Roll Fun

Stone Roses - Love Spreads

Each of these tracks will be available individually for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points).

All tracks are master tracks.

Hm, now what to get with my free track I got from Stride...

I didn't know Sanctuary by name but upon listening I immidiately recognised it from the Vice City soundtrack. Cue returning memories of flying around in helicopters whilst it played.

She Sells and Bandages are coming my way. Good little batch of DLC there in the single tracks.

And Dragsy, was the BMX game one of Dave Mirra's? I think it was and that song was the best thing about it without doubt. That and bailing into traffic.

Am I reading that wrong, or are you saying that the game was bad? I thought it was ace.

Ugh. Visions is awful. ANd Shoulder The Plow is not that good either. I failed that twice before finally beating it. But Visions is just awful.

I understand them trying to have a lot of various genres, but yeah, fuck that song. It's there just for the extreme players who don't have a life.

I'll see if any of the stores around here have some, thankfully one of my higher ed checks came in so I have money for the rest of the week, and a little extra. I'll see how much I get for trading in two games and my guitar controller, and if I have enough I'll probably buy the new guitar and wait to get the drums.

So anybody have any of the new instruments yet? Worth the money?

So after dinner I went to Hastings, nothing there, then went to gamestop, and all they had were the new guitars. Traded in 2 games and my GHIII Les Paul Wireless, only because the green and orange buttons are crapping out. My roomate has a better one, and so I decided to trade in mine. Only had to pay 21 dollars, so that's nice.

The first thing I noticed is that is uses three AA batteries, and I'm not sure how the battery life is. I will know more as I play throughout the weekend. The controller of the body is gorgeous though, the sunburst makes it look as if it's a real guitar. It's a lot lighter than the RB1 Guitar controller as well, so that's really nice.

As far as functionality goes, the fret boards are A LOT quieter, and since they seem lighter and don't have to click as much, makes it easier to move your fingers around on them. The strum bar still doesn't make any noise, in fact it makes less noise, and the result is a much quieter guitar, though I enjoy it very much. Everything else is the same, except where the wire came out of the first controller is where the sync button is, so you can sync it to your 360. Also the start button has a solid ring around it that melds into the body, so that the only way you can press it is if you actually press a finger in there for the most part. I'm guess this was done in case people were accidentally hitting the start button instead of the select button for star power.

The only thing I don't like about it is the auto-calibration feature, as before I was running on the default settings of zero. It changed it, and I had all sorts of problems on the solos and fast sections. Calibrated manually, still had troubles. So I switched it back to the default settings, and now everything is fine. Just didn't really seem to help that well in calibrating for me personally, I'm sure it's helped other people though.

All in all I say it's worth the 70 dollars, though if they sold it for 90 I might not be so sure. Definitely worth the 70 in my opinion.