Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

12/23 DLC (And what a shocker, it's christmas music!)

Hey everybody,

Next week we will be dropping the Rockin' the Holidays 2008 pack for DLC. This pack will come out on Xbox 360 and PS3 on Tuesday, December 23rd. Come back Friday for more news on next week's DLC.

Barenaked Ladies - "Hanukkah Blessings"

Billy Squier - “Christmas is the Time To Say I Love You”

The Pretenders - “Blue Christmas”

Holiday tracks will be available for $.99 (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) each or for $2.99 (240 Microsoft Points) for the 3-pack.

12/23 DLC Part 2 (You thought it was just holiday songs?)

Hey everybody,

So yesterday we announced that the Rockin' the Holidays three pack was coming out next week. But that won't be all! On Tuesday (December 23rd) on both PS3 and 360 we will also be releasing a Foo Fighters Pack!

Foo Fighters - “DOA”

Foo Fighters - “Times Like These”

Foo Fighters - “This Is A Call”

The Foo Fighters’ tracks will be available for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) each or $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for the 3-pack.

I don't know how big of a fanbase the Wii has on this board but still, I'm surprised you guys aren't blowing your loads at the Wii version of RB2 regardless. After last year's RB on the Wii being a half-assed port, Harmonix made sure to make it better (at the expense of a delay but who really cares) and not only is everything from the other next-gen RBs on the Wii version (except for maybe the graphics) but they promise to have all the DLC songs as well that you can save to a memory stick. But better yet, Guitar Hero instruments are functional on the Wii version as well.

If the sales for these games peak or drop as was hinted at a few posts ago, I would hope that the developers for the 360 and PS3 versions take note because I'm sure no one's going to keep shelling out for different instruments every year...not to mention replacements.

12/30 DLC

The full list is as follows:

Deep Purple - "Space Truckin'"

James Gang - "Funk #49"

Jethro Tull - "Hymn 43"

Snow Patrol - "Take Back the City"

All songs will be available for 160 MS points on Xbox Live Marketplace, and $1.99 on the PlayStation Network.

The release dates for these songs will be December 30th on Xbox Live Marketplace, and January 8th on the PlayStation Network, due to Sony being on holiday next week.

CMT and VH1 have both plugged an upcoming Roy Orbison 6-Pack, but Harmonix hasn't made an official statement.

I'm not a huge Orbison fan, but Only the Lonely and Oh, Pretty Woman would be welcome additions to my arsenal of tracks.

I like that they're not afraid to go way back into the past for DLC, but there are definitely other artists/songs I'd much prefer over Roy Orbison.

Also... The Pretenders' version of Blue Christmas is pretty cool. I could have done without the faster tempo ending to the song though. It would have been much better left as a straight cover.

Yay, more Deep Purple.

And I'd be all over an Orbison track pack. Is there a tracklist for that anywhere?

No tracklist yet. VH1 and CMT both said it was coming out, but didn't mention what any of the tracks might be.

I'm assuming we'll get the two I previously stated, as well as 4 of his other bigger hits.

EDIT: The No Doubt songs are fun as hell to play and sing. I don't know how anyone could not like them, unless they were looking strictly for something challenging.

Edited by Gabriel

I'm sure Harmonix is crushed by that, but really, why don't you elaborate? I haven't seen any problems at all with recent DLC.