Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

Hey gang,

Here's the DLC coming at you next week! It's a healthy does of reggae, long over due in Rock Band, courtesy of one of the genre's most beloved icons. We'll be seeing Get Up, Stand Up on disc for RB3, but to tide you over here's the rest of Bob Marley and the Wailers' epic album Legend. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Sept. 21):

“Is This Love” +

“No Woman No Cry” +

“Could You Be Loved”

“Three Little Birds” +

“Buffalo Soldier”

“Stir It Up”

“One Love/People Get Ready”

“I Shot the Sheriff”

“Waiting in Vain” +

“Redemption Song”

“Satisfy My Soul” +

“Exodus”

“Jamming”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Sept. 22)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks, as well as “Legend (Album)” on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” will also be available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song

$19.99, £9.99 UK, €14.99 EU (1600 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for Legend (Album)

Finally some DLC I can get excited about.

I'm confused here. When did the game become "Everything Except Rock Band"?

I mean, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Country, goddamn Snoop Dogg, and now Raggae?

What the fuck, Harmonix.

Just make spinoffs like they did with Guitar Hero and be done with it.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

I'd be inclined to think the opposite; I'd rather have one game with a shitload of songs. I mainly play Rock Band with a group of mates, and we don't all have the same tastes, so some diversity makes things more interesting all round.

Ditto,over 1000 songs covering all sorts of genres and styles in one place? Some of them will feel a little deflated unless they update them to include the new features in the long run but being able to play from that sort of library in one place depending on mood or the whim of any of the band memebers. Plus he seems to ignore the diversity around the artists he mentioned, Dio in the week between Snoop and Marley after Country had followed a week of Disturbed for starters. I know not every week will cater to everyone but generally it's a good mix.

I myself have an eclectic taste in music so I usually find myself buying DLC most weeks. I'll even buy something I'm not too fond of if I know it will go over well at parties. The best thing about it though is it's DLC: if you want it, you can pay for it. If you don't like it, just wait til something comes along that you like. What you may like for a month in terms of what's available someone else may avoid like the plague.

I can't agree more with having a huge ass variety and not having 5-10 awesome songs on 10 different games!

I love Country, Death Metal & 80's glam rock. The last being pretty scarce as there is no Poison or Def Leppard and limited (as in 1-2 songs from a couple other bands) in the rest of the genre, but there is a ton of one-two hit wonders so I can understand. I also get into most everything else. There hasn't been a whole lot for me in the past 6 months, but I am still learning the 400+ songs I do have so it holds me over. I just can't wait for RB3. Just over a month from now w00t!

I can understand the want for variety, it's just... well, I guess it's just plain frustration on my part there's almost never something new I can care about.

On a slightly related note, I really hope they come up with a way to make the pro modes compatable with older songs. I know it's unlikely but it would really make me more interested in shelling out more money for pro mode (and RB3 for that matter, as there's like two or three songs on the entire setlist I would care to play more than just to unlock shit).

All of the DLC since...a few weeks ago I think, are supposed to be compatible with RB3 in terms of keyboard tracks and pro mode, at least that's what I read a while back. They said they definitely wanted to get all old DLC to work with it, whether that's something you pay for or they release a patch. I hope they do too.

9/28 DLC

• Anthrax – "Among the Living"
  • Anthrax – "I'm the Man"
  • Anthrax – "Indians" +
  • Anthrax – "Madhouse (Live)" +
  • Anthrax – "Metal Thrashing Mad (Live)" +
  • My Chemical Romance – "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)"
  • My Chemical Romance – "Welcome to the Black Parade"
  • 30 Seconds to Mars – "Closer to the Edge" +
  • Atreyu – "Coffin Nails"
  • Buckcherry – "Out of Line"
  • The Doobie Brothers – "Listen to the Music" +
  • The Doobie Brothers – "Long Train Runnin'" +

Madhouse!

Live version, but who cares! Something I can really rock out to for a change.

...Hm. Is there a hawaiian shirt in RB2? Need to check next time I pop it in.

Guest JukeboxHero

Xbox 360 / Wii / PS3
Available: October 5
R.E.M. Pack 01 -- (1,080 MSP / $13.49):
"Driver 8" (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)*"It's the End of the World As We Know It (and I Feel Fine)" (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)*"Living Well is the Best Revenge" (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)"Radio Free Europe" (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)*"Stand" (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)*"Superman" (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)*"These Days" (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)*"What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99) T. Rex Pack 01 -- (680 MSP / $5.49): "Children of the Revolution" (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)*"Cosmic Dancer" (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)*"Jeepster" (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99) Note: Track packs not available for purchase on Wii; all tracks sold individually.

*Song also available in LEGO Rock Band Store

Yes!

• 2 weeks later...

10/19 DLC (Last week of Rock Band/Rock Band 2/Lego Rock Band compatible DLC)

Stone Temple Pilots – “Big Empty”

Stone Temple Pilots – “Crackerman”

Stone Temple Pilots – “Creep”

Stone Temple Pilots – “Dead & Bloated”

Stone Temple Pilots – “Huckleberry Crumble”

Stone Temple Pilots – “Trippin’ on a Hole in a Paper Heart”

Jimmy Eat World – “Bleed American”

Jimmy Eat World – “My Best Theory” +

Jimmy Eat World – “Pain”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Oct. 20)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks, as well as “Stone Temple Pilots Pack 01” and “Jimmy Eat World Pack 02” and on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” will also be available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song

$9.99, £4.99 UK, €7.99 EU (800 Microsoft Points) for Stone Temple Pilots Pack 01

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points) for Jimmy Eat World Pack 02

And also, 10/26 DLC (First week of Rock Band 3 DLC)

The Doors 12 Pack

“Light My Fire” (Free from Oct. 26 – Nov. 1 in game, features Pro Guitar and Pro Bass)

“Riders on the Storm” (Free from Oct. 26 – Nov. 1 in game, features Pro Guitar and Pro Bass)

“Touch Me” (Free from Oct. 26 – Nov. 1 in game, features Pro Guitar and Pro Bass)

“Hello, I Love You”

“L.A. Woman”

“Love Her Madly”

“Love Me Two Times”

“Peace Frog”

“People Are Strange”

“Roadhouse Blues”

“Soul Kitchen”

“The Crystal Ship”

• 2 weeks later...

Seems I will be getting it. Long live NCA!

Though, having to pay 800 points to export RB2 is boo worthy enough without tossing in these songs that can't be exported:

* AC/DC – "Let There Be Rock"

* Journey – "Any Way You Want It"

* Metallica – "Battery"

* Red Hot Chili Peppers – "Give It Away"

* Soundgarden – "Spoonman"

:angry: No Any Way You Want It or SPOON SOLO~! in RB3 then, lads. :(