Rock Band

Fanku Kaibutsu

Just got the chance to get online after the Rock Band Network panel at PAX and I just want to say it looks awesome. I'm honestly completely technology illiterate where it counts for this, but they basically showed the streamlined process of making a song and sending it to the XBox 360 so you can test it out and make sure it plays alright.

So, as someone who dos not thing to higly of rockbandguitarhero and such... as a massive fanboy i want to have the beatles game... i don´t want the drumset becaus it takes up to much space and i am looking for a way to get a "guitar" as cheap as posible.

What do i have to look out for. Are there old guitars that do not work with new games? Would it be cheaper to buy the rpck band one bundel and just sell the drumset?! I am kinda lost...

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

As far as I understand a lot of the older guitar controllers work for Rock Band, and I'm sure there is a chart around the internet somewhere. I know for sure that the old GH 2 controller for the 360 works for Rock Band, at least mine did anyway, but any older guitar controller should work fine as long as it's after GH2 I believe. Plus some sites/stores sell cheap ones for all consoles, and I'm sure you can find some really cheap used ones that will work fine.

The Problem was that i was able to find used ones for around 20-30€, but why get those wen i can get the set with drums and Mic for 40-50€ - dos not seem to have a good relation, unless no one wants that drumset. (can you at least take it apart fast?)

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

The Wireless one from Rock Band 2 is pretty easy to take apart as the base of the drum set is all one piece, whereas the drum set from Rock Band 1 is 4 pieces, 2 of which are metal pieces that sometimes slip out unless the entire thing is put together. It wouldn't surprise me if you could get the original Rock Band complete band kit for cheaper than a used guitar, as I remember I sold my old Rock Band 1 guitar for a measly one dollar.

The Day Tripper achievement on TB:RB is going to have to wait for another playthrough, I'm halfway through career mode and already my calfs have seized up from playing Hard drums :(

I'm Looking Through You really surprised me, it's my favourite Beatles song but I almost failed it by wondering what was up with the chart. I know it's entirely correct, but after finding a pattern with all the others I thought it'd be pretty easy.

I'd like to try it on drums, but I found the guitar parts on TBRB to be pretty dull on the whole. I think Helter Skelter, Road to USSR and one of the other harder ones towards the end, one of the atypical Beatles ones, were fun to play, but otherwise, very repetitive and not very challenging. It's really well made though, the scenery and character models and whatnot are brilliant. Too bad I tend to look at the notechart when I play.

The Wireless one from Rock Band 2 is pretty easy to take apart as the base of the drum set is all one piece, whereas the drum set from Rock Band 1 is 4 pieces, 2 of which are metal pieces that sometimes slip out unless the entire thing is put together. It wouldn't surprise me if you could get the original Rock Band complete band kit for cheaper than a used guitar, as I remember I sold my old Rock Band 1 guitar for a measly one dollar.

Than you did something wrong. At least in Germany stuff is selling at a way higher price, nothing for under 20-30€. So dos the Drumset... i will just get the Rock Band one Kit for 44€ and resell the Drum Kit for 20+€ and maybee the mic for 10€... gets me a guitar for about 10-15€. Seems to be the cheapest way possible, even if some people claim that it is very faulty, it will do for now.

Nah, pretty much everywhere the bottom fell out of the price. we reduced the instruments a ridiculous amount a while ago to get rid of the fucking things because there's no room to keep hold of them indefinitely (incidentally, this is looking like it will be a massive issue with the overpriced Beatles junk as well). Trade price has bottomed out as well to dissuade people from selling them to us because they're usually knackered to shit, and again, we have trouble getting rid of them - even moreso with the preowned stuff.

9/15 DLC

• Anvil – “666”

• Anvil – “Metal on Metal”

• Anvil – “This is Thirteen”

• Dinosaur Jr. – “Pick Me Up”

• Dinosaur Jr. – “The Wagon”

• The Guess Who – “Hand Me Down World”

• The Guess Who – “No Time”

• Tenacious D – “Rock Your Socks”

• Tenacious D – “Tribute”

Big YES for Dinosaur Jr