Songs that rip off other songs

Crybaby Bunting

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I despise Oasis, and as much as they are rip-off merchants, I think that part of DLBIA is a "tribute" to Lennon and to Imagine if anything, judging from the "start a revolution from my bed" line.

"Chelsea" by Stefy is suspiciously like "Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)" by The Eurythmics. And is possibly the worst offender of this kind of thing, IMO. -

The Tommy's also have a song that sounds kind of like "Sweet Dreams", http://www.myspace.com/thetommysband . I guess it's just that it's got a really, really, recognisable chord progression. The Tommy's are fucking class though, I'll let them off. And the chorus of the song is awesome.

There's a band name "From The Sky" who are LITERALLY "Explosions In The Sky"...I mean, ripping off a sound, or what? They're flat out identical...but not as good.

Not a specific thing. But all those cunts from punk-rock bands who have decided to do acoustic side projects. FUCK OFF!!! Though, quite a lot of them seem good. Though most just seem like they're playing punk songs on an acoustic guitar.

Edited by YI

That kind of reminds me, my band are trying to put together "THE PHANTOM BLINK 182 CHORD PROGRESSION MEDLEY"...and are in need of other songs to add (For those who don't know it's, C-G-A-F). So far we have;

"Damnit" by Blink 182

"Feeling This" by Blink 182

"Story Of A Lonely Guy" by Blink 182

"Anthem Pt.2" by Blink 182 (Whilst the chords don't fit...a C-G-A-F bassline does...SO IT COUNTS!!!)

"Hit or Miss" by New Found Glory

"The Unicorn Odyssey" by The Falcon (BADASS!!!!!)

"With Or Without You" by U2

"Kiss The Rain" by Billie Myers

"Dark Blue" by Jack's Mannequin

Edited by YI

That kind of reminds me, my band are trying to put together "THE PHANTOM BLINK 182 CHORD PROGRESSION MEDLEY"...and are in need of other songs to add (For those who don't know it's, C-G-A-F). So far we have;

"Damnit" by Blink 182

"Feeling This" by Blink 182

"Story Of A Lonely Guy" by Blink 182

"Anthem Pt.2" by Blink 182 (Whilst the chords don't fit...a C-G-A-F bassline does...SO IT COUNTS!!!)

"Hit or Miss" by New Found Glory

"The Unicorn Odyssey" by The Falcon (BADASS!!!!!)

"With Or Without You" by U2

"Kiss The Rain" by Billie Myers

"Dark Blue" by Jack's Mannequin

We had more, but have since forgotten them. We just want some variation. Any help will be awesome.