The Worst Song You've Ever Heard

PkmnTrainerJ

Umm...how about that new Avril single. I can totally see that being on VH1's most awesomely bad songs ever in about 10 years.

Unfortunately, Avril is frustratingly popular on EWB. I don't get it either.

Also, there's a big difference between a song having a chorus and a song being unbearably repetitive.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how about Perfect Situation by weezer? Seriously when your whole chorus consists of "a ho, whoa ho, oh ho, a ho" then that just shows that you're hard pressed to come up with any sort of legitimate lyrics whatsoever.

And how about Perfect Situation by weezer? Seriously when your whole chorus consists of "a ho, whoa ho, oh ho, a ho" then that just shows that you're hard pressed to come up with any sort of legitimate lyrics whatsoever.

Nearly everything off of Make Believe was unfathomably bad. "The Other Way" and ARGUABLY "Haunt You Every Day" but not really are the only two that can even reach the level of quality they were at when they released Maladroit, nevermind either the Blue Album or Pinkerton.

Guest Di Grind

I know I've had a lot in here, but oh man, this one might be the winner.

I wake up every morning to a country radio station because Ohio radio sucks and I need something that will get me out of my bed and over to the alarm clock ASAP. Yesterday morning, I woke up to a song so mind-numbingly stupid that I thought for the rest of the day I must've dreamed it. Turns out I didn't.

The song is called "Ticks," and it's by Brad Paisley. It's another in a long line of "redneck metaphors for sex" songs that are usually about thinking tractors are sexy or doing watermelon crawls, and this one is the worst. Here's the chorus:

"I'd like to see you out in the moonlight

I'd like to kiss you way back in the sticks

I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers

and I'd like to check you for ticks"

...no, no, no, no, no. Wrong. The obvious implication here is "Let's go out into the countryside and have naked countryside sex," but the ticks part... no. Just no. Because if you make that kind of implication, you are obliged to at least humor the idea that you are, in fact, looking for ticks. What if she has a tick? Are you going to burn it off? Because I can safely say that there's nothing a woman finds more sexually satisfying than having a parasitic insect burned off of her before doing the deed. I mean, if a woman was singing the song, it'd be the equivalent of calling it "Turn Your Head (and Cough)."

Nearly everything off of Make Believe was unfathomably bad. "The Other Way" and ARGUABLY "Haunt You Every Day" but not really are the only two that can even reach the level of quality they were at when they released Maladroit, nevermind either the Blue Album or Pinkerton.

I know I've had a lot in here, but oh man, this one might be the winner.

I wake up every morning to a country radio station because Ohio radio sucks and I need something that will get me out of my bed and over to the alarm clock ASAP. Yesterday morning, I woke up to a song so mind-numbingly stupid that I thought for the rest of the day I must've dreamed it. Turns out I didn't.

The song is called "Ticks," and it's by Brad Paisley. It's another in a long line of "redneck metaphors for sex" songs that are usually about thinking tractors are sexy or doing watermelon crawls, and this one is the worst. Here's the chorus:

"I'd like to see you out in the moonlight

I'd like to kiss you way back in the sticks

I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers

and I'd like to check you for ticks"

...no, no, no, no, no. Wrong. The obvious implication here is "Let's go out into the countryside and have naked countryside sex," but the ticks part... no. Just no. Because if you make that kind of implication, you are obliged to at least humor the idea that you are, in fact, looking for ticks. What if she has a tick? Are you going to burn it off? Because I can safely say that there's nothing a woman finds more sexually satisfying than having a parasitic insect burned off of her before doing the deed. I mean, if a woman was singing the song, it'd be the equivalent of calling it "Turn Your Head (and Cough)."

Never heard that song, but that's sad that it came off Brad Paisley. I love his song "Alcohol", as I think it's rather clever... I mean come on, it's a song sung from the perspective of alcohol. How is that not awesome?

Clearly "We Are All on Drugs" is great, though. >_>

Hell, "We Are All on Drugs" is a top contender FOR Worst Song I've Ever Heard, especially if you just limit it to real bands.

WHEN UR CRUSIN WITH UR FRIENDZ/

IN UR NEW MERCEDES-BENZ AND UR/

ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN DRUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGS

At least they didn't try to claim anything other than wanting to make a commercially successful record with this thing.

I thought I was the only one who didn't like the majority of Weezers discography. :P

You probably aren't but it's not me on that front; I really like their first two albums and think their second two are hit-or-miss but have enough good songs to be acceptable. It's just that I also think that their last one was some sort of crime against music.

EDIT: Though come to think of it most of their singles have been the weakest songs off of every album.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

Two notes: WWE Originals sucks bar Trish Stratus' song, because she's actually got a fairly good voice, and John Cena's, because I forget how much better that is then "Time is Now".

And I like Avril Lavigne and have no interest in her nice bum.

Two notes: WWE Originals sucks bar Trish Stratus' song, because she's actually got a fairly good voice, and John Cena's, because I forget how much better that is then "Time is Now".

I couldn't stand Trish's song. I think the only song other than Cena's that I liked was Los Guerreros' song, and that was for entirely the wrong reasons (I.E. the fact that they didn't even try to be good and instead just babbled about nothing for three minutes).

And I like Avril Lavigne and have no interest in her nice bum.

I couldn't stand Trish's song. I think the only song other than Cena's that I liked was Los Guerreros' song, and that was for entirely the wrong reasons (I.E. the fact that they didn't even try to be good and instead just babbled about nothing for three minutes).

Trish's, Cena's and Los Guerreros' were the worst ones on the album! :P

Kurt Angle's song was just awesome. Dudley Boyz's was suprisingly alright. Garcia's was pretty good too I thought.