The Worst Song You've Ever Heard

PkmnTrainerJ

I was talking with Benji briefly about the song by Moneen called Don't Tell Locke What He Can't Do, and he said it was shit, whilst I said it wasn't brilliant but wasn't the worst song I'd ever heard.

No, that title goes to that fucking Crazy Frog shit tune thing that was some wierd fad amongst chavs. It was just fucking irritating, and not even funny irritating, just annoying, and then the chav community suddenly latched onto it, as did marketers seeing them as a good audience, and then there were video games for it that flopped, which is why I was suprised I saw Crazy Frog Racer 2 in Blockbusters today. Rant done.

Anyways, what's the worst song you've ever heard and why?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy frog was funny the first time you heard/saw it... THE FIRST TIME. Not any other time and it's the most annoying thing ever.

However I have to say it's a chav remix of It's My Life by Bon Jovi that my bus driver insists on playing despite the only people who like it are herself and a set of annoying prepubescent cunts that shout insults at sheep out of the windows.

Sheesh, this is actually a pretty hard question. I mean, how many shitty songs do you actually bother memorizing instead of just tuning out/slamming the radio with a fucking hammer?

But for me, the goddamn "Macarena" song. I hated it when I was a young snot-nosed brat, and I hate it to this day. Why someone thinks it is hilarious to bust out the song and the goddam inane dance at the most inappropriate of times (read: any time) is beyond my feeble comprehension.

'Ironic' by Alanis Morissette, purely for the fact that nothing in the song is at all ironic.

"It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife"

Nope, that's just a massive and badly-organised cutlery drawer. The only thing in the entire song close to being irony is Plane Crash Guy. The others are all either coincidence, bad luck, or poor planning ¬_¬.

So yeah, I hate that song, because it makes fuck-all sense.

Guest mAXi

It's really difficult to come up with only one worst song and it's morning so i'll just go over a few relatively recent ones.

Ok, whoever created that cow for ringtone ads is a terrible person. Just a fucking horrible person. I heard rumours that it was going to get a song of it's own as well or whatever and that could probably be worse than anything i have ever heard, that fucking cow is... is.. AGH.

Crazy Frog is an obvious one, "Can We Fix It" by Bob The Builder was about 30x better than that stupid song. Who the hell let's this stuff happen..

And finally, fucking Cascada. That is the worst dance music i think i have ever heard, it feels like it's specifically made for the Disney Channel and i hate it, hate it. Why and how can anybody like the latest album. I don't care if that woman has a good voice, this music and this group is not creative at all and does not deserve to even have an album produced. Every song sounds the same, every song has the same REALLLLY generic beat. Why isn't Mylo more succesful? He is an excellent electronic artist. Air? Massive Attack? Zero 7? Cut Copy? SOMEONE!!!? Show these people what real music is like.

'These words' by Natasha Beddingfield annoys the crap outta me

Edited by Slic_Ric

Ignoring novelty songs like Crazy Frog and whatnot, because they're hardly supposed to be musical masterpieces in the first place..."We Built This City On Rock & Roll" by Starship. It's fucking dire anyway, but when you consider that the band that performed it were the progression of the same band that gave us "White Rabbit" and "Somebody To Love", and then that the phrase "corporate rock" was coined to describe Starship.

I could go on and on, but I won't...basically, it's a song that sums up everything wrong with rock music in the 1980s, and perhaps ever. Fucking dreadful piece of shit, and I hate it.

Ugh. Don't make me dig out the James Blunt rant. He hasn't annoyed me enough to be at the level of Oasis, Starship, Blink 182 or The Killers on my hate-o-meter, but "You're Beautiful" came about at a time when I was at my most cynical, and it is one of the most horrible songs I can possibly imagine. It just gets everything wrong.

Jane Says - Janes Addiction

Although i don't mind the band, this song truly sucks.

I neglected to mention in that post, something which REALLY pisses me off in that song, he switches from second-person to third-person between the chorus and the verse. Really gets on my tits, that one.

"We Built This City On Rock & Roll" by Starship. It's fucking dire anyway
We have a winner.

"Macarena" is another top contender if for no other reason that it became such a ridiculous hit. The only reason that song took off is because it made white people think they can dance. Fucking horrendous.

And R. Kelly's "You Remind Me of My Jeep" is my contribution to the thread, here's a sample of these brilliant lyrics:

You remind me of my jeep; I wanna ride it

Something like my sounds, I wanna pump it

Girl you look just like my cars; I wanna wax it

And something like my bank account, I wanna spend it

Let's add the entire R. Kelly catalog while we're at it.

Guest digrind

Oh cripes, just remembered this one. Anybody remember "Breakfast at Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something? One of the worst choruses ever with the most forced rhythm in the history of music.

"And I said what about Breakfast at Tiffany's?

She said I think I remember the film and

As I recall, I think, we both kind of liked it

And I said, well, that's the one thing we've got."

Shoot me.

I liked Breakfast At Tiffany's :rolleyes:

Around here, I'd have to say Billy Ray Cyrus's stupid fucking Achy Breaky Heart song. They even invented a fucking dance to it. The fans invnted it because Billy couldn't fucking dance. Too bad nobody realized at the time he couldn't sing either. UGH!

Oh cripes, just remembered this one. Anybody remember "Breakfast at Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something? One of the worst choruses ever with the most forced rhythm in the history of music.

"And I said what about Breakfast at Tiffany's?

She said I think I remember the film and

As I recall, I think, we both kind of liked it

And I said, well, that's the one thing we've got."

Shoot me.

I thought that was just one of those catchy mid-90s tunes, it wasn't particularly good, but it was fun pop music. I long for the days when I could turn on pop radio and hear songs like that instead of "yo bitch, lemme buy you a draaaaaaaank!"