Grindhouse 2?

zero

From bloody-disgusting.com:

Despite problematic box office results, fans are still clamoring to see the fake trailers from "Grindhouse" as feature films. Edgar Wright has plans to expand "Don't," and Eli Roth thinks his "Thanksgiving" (watch it here) would make the perfect double feature, at least according to Rotten Tomatoes.

"I already talked with Edgar Wright about Edgar doing 'Don't' and me doing 'Thanksgiving,'" said Roth. "We're talking to Dimension about it. I think they're still trying to figure out 'Grindhouse 1' before we think about 'Grindhouse 2,' but I've already been working on the outline for it and I would do it in a heartbeat."

An aficionado of '80s horror films, Roth would do it old school style. "The catch is that me and all my friends who are in our 30s, we all have to play high school students, because that's how they did it in '80s horror movies."

Roth could write a full script for "Thanksgiving," but the outline is likely to be sufficient. "We have the outline, the story ideas but part of the fun of Grindhouse is actually not having a script. I wouldn't want to write it too detailed. You've just got to work out the kills and then see who's around and grab a camera and have fun."

The director has no fears about the "Grindhouse" label, even though The Weinstein Company seems blindsided by the public response. "My feeling is that three and a half hours, it was a long time at the movies for people. The movie itself was three hours and 15 minutes and then there's 20 minutes of trailers and then parking and everything, it suddenly became a four hour evening for people. So there's only so many times you can show it in a day and a lot of people getting off work, it was tough for people to find the time to see it. The people that saw it loved it. People were going crazy for it and I think that 25 years from now, everyone will talk about the classic movie Grindhouse and no one will talk about, the words box office disappointment won't even apply. I think the guys made a brilliant film and they should be commended for it and they took a risk."

Personally, I think he's absolutely spot on about how the movie is going to be looked at in 20 years. I don't know if they'd be willing to do another theater release, but I could definitely see "Thanksgiving"/"Don't" as a DVD release. Either way, I hope he does it because the "Thanksgiving" trailer was fucking hilarious.

Add this in with Machete being made and its like a little franchise going on. One that I wouldn't mind seeing people going with as long as those origanally involved sign off on it. Make it like a National Lampoon's of this genre where you can have "Grindhouse: [instertitlehere]"

"Don't", "Machete", and "S.S..." were all pretty genius, and I would love to see them as full length movies.

"Thanksgiving" I didn't care for. It was just random death scenes. And the only one that got a reaction of me was the trampoline scene. The rest of the trailer was pretty useless. But then again, I really dislike Eli Roth, so maybe I'm just being biased.

And I'd like them to make Grindhouse a franchise. Though I don't doubt they'll be released DTV.

I thought Thanksgiving was priceless. Just random death scenes? That was the entire point of movies from that era, you tack on a flimsy plot, perhaps a holiday setting and then a bunch of ridiculous murders.

I really enjoyed Grindhouse, went and saw it three times in theatres. A sequel would be awesome, whether it be a direct-to-DVD deal or in theatres. I would be happy to check it out if it's those movie trailers made full length or if they are new ideas.

I thought Thanksgiving was priceless. Just random death scenes? That was the entire point of movies from that era, you tack on a flimsy plot, perhaps a holiday setting and then a bunch of ridiculous murders.

Funny, that sounds like both of Eli Roth's movies. <_<

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/03/26/rodrig...ring-sin-city-2

That article is a fe wmonthsold, but it says that Rodriguez is planning a direct-to-dvd Machete film

Machette looked great, so did Werewolf Women. I thought Thanksgiving and Don't both looked pretty stupid, but I'd gladly go see Hobo With A Shotgun.

WHITE MEAT

DARK MEAT

ALL WILL BE CARVED

I was drunk as fuck when I went to go see Grindhouse, and I still remember Thanksgiving.

Hahaha...

YOU'LL COME HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS

IN A BODYBAG!