Transfer Thread

ONO

I'm hoping this transfer embargo runs until September 1st and not a day further. That way Healy and all will be able to tear the league apart (until January). <_< On a more serious side, the prospect of Marques, Ankergren, Thompson and Flo - particularly the latter two - re-signing to play next year makes me want to ejaculate. :P

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as my ego rivals the size of most large countries, I can't complain about R-C's arrogance.

Can't believe Davis is gone, though. 3-5 years he'll be one of the best midfielders in the country, easily. Great signing by Fulham, though. Gutted.

Edited by When The Sum Comes Around

Ah, didn't notice - sorry.

Good signing, to be honest. I remember when we signed him, I was pleased. Always gives 100%. He's not exactly stellar, but he's a solid defender. Another player I'm gutted we lost, seeing as we have like.. zero right backs, and one left back.

I kinda look at it like its the old Villa and it all needs changed in certain aspects. I remember watching Hughes in his debut against Bolton and saying to myself he's a good player. Good buy. But after that he just moulded in and never really stuck out for me.

Chris Sutton has retired.

Edited by Lost Soul

Guest Ringy

Your unofficial source of excellence is Sky Sports? :P

That said, buying Tevez shows to me they're not gonna be playing the Milan formation that everyone claims they are, more so the Roma formation. They have no actual pure out and out strikers except Saha, and this seems to me like they're gonna have everyone dip in like Roma.

Tevez in means Smith and Richardson are definitely out I think. Even still they've got too many players for the midfield and Tevez and Rooney are basically the same player for me. I'm hoping they suffer from Liverpool/Chelsea rotation syndrome because I fucking hate United, but I admit they look good for the title on paper.

Zenden has gone to Marseille for free!! *Dances*

Glad to see the back of the slow talentless bastard.

Zenden isn't a terrible player, he was just a poor signing.

He's a good mid-table player, but not a top 4 player, Benitez should never have signed him.

Striker Carlos Tevez has agreed personal terms with Manchester United, according to his representatives.

The Premier League insists the transfer must be "done directly" with West Ham rather than his agent Kia Joorabchian.

And Hammers chairman Eggert Magnusson insists the 23-year-old Argentine is a registered player at his club and will return to Upton Park for the new term.

But Joorabchian's lawyers say the deal has progressed with the "knowledge and persmission" of West Ham.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has revealed Craig Bellamy has left to join West Ham.

The Reds have decided to let Bellamy move on after just one season at Anfield.

The record signing of Fernando Torres pushed Bellamy further down the pecking order at Liverpool and West Ham have moved quickly to offer him a way out of Anfield.

West Ham have been keen to bolster their attack and they have been frustrated in their attempts to sign Darren Bent, Mark Viduka and Djibril Cisse already this summer.

Alan Curbishley is actively scouring the market for reinforcements and Bellamy's move could help pave the way for Carlos Tevez to join Manchester United.

Benitez speaking after Liverpool's 3-2 friendly win over Wrexham, confirmed Bellamy had agreed to move to Upton Park.

"He's signed for West Ham, it's done," Benitez told Sky Sports News.

"He knew what I thought and I think it's a good move for him."

When asked if Djibril Cisse had sealed his expected move to Marseille, Benitez said: "Yep, it's done also."

Liverpool have been linked with a move for West Ham's Yossi Benayoun and Benitez confirmed talks are ongoing regarding a deal for the Israeli international.

"I don't know. (If he's coming) It's clear he'd like to come," continued Benitez

"We've made an offer and now we need to wait.

"He's a player I like. We've made an offer, now they said no.

"Now we need to wait because he's a good player for me. "

So, who is Bellamy joining next summer? :shifty:

Around £21m in for Bellamy, Cisse, Garcia and Sinama. £21m out for Torres and Voronin. Not bad business.

Even given that Liverpool have also spent around £10m on Lucas and Leto, there should be significant funds for 2 more first team quality attacking players.

I expect Le Tallec and Gonzalez will be moved on this summer as well, which might bring in a few million.