Transfer Thread

ONO

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ringmaster

Heh. Remember when Adriano was wanted by Chelsea and there were rumours that he would go there for 60 million? How the mighty have fallen when West Ham of all people want to sign him now.

Edited by Ringmaster

Even funnier Nugent looks set to leave Pompy already! Lol. Well to be fair if Harry can make his money back on him then i'd take it - he doesn't look worth it at the moment, although of course we haven't seen much of him so far. He is being linked with Derby btw.

Also, Adriano turns down West Ham loan move but Man City are still hovering ready to make a move.

Guest Ringmaster

Can't blame Adriano, he's getting paid a lot to sit around and do nothing, which he seems happy with given that he spends his time drinking. That and he can probably maneuver himself to Valencia or another top 5 side.

Tough the whole Nugent thing amuses me.

More news today:

Nicky Shorey -> West Ham if the Hammers raise their bid another £1 Million to a £6 Million fee.

Still loads of Ronalidinhio rumours about Chelsea - although I can't see it myself.

Fulham want Jason Roberts from Blackburn and have made an offer of £4 Million.

Man City want Tiago Motta and Thomas Graveson from Barca and Celtic respectivly.

Now this is funny - 'Boro are to offer £10.5 Million for Man City's Samaras - bwahaha. He's never worth that. Morons.

Sunderland now want Kenwyne Jones from Southampton, i'd except that to go through if Hampton had any sense.

Nicholas Anelka to one of the Manchester teams, City or Utd.

Man City tempted with £12 Million bid for Adriano - who is also linked with Middlesbrough

Julio Baptista another mentioned with Man City

Peter Luccin to go to Birmingham from Athletico Madrid

Exciting stuff, would like to see Adriano and Tiago Motta at Man City. Middlesbrough are conning themselves if they pay 10.5 for Samaras, he's never worth that let alone even half of that! Southampton should sell up Jones for 5 Million, he's never worth that much.

I wouldn't. Roberts showed at the end of last season what he brings to the team, sheer power and pace. Whist I would agree McCarthy and Santa Cruz are better overall and first choice, he brings something different to the team when playing as does Derbyshire. With Rigters untested in this league and Gallacher being, at best, a decent Championship player we should keep hold of Roberts.

That said, 4m is a good price if true.

:shifty:

We're still trying for the Hearts captain Rob Jones, someone from Blackpool and a few others. If not we might have to settle for Thomas Brolin.

You mean Hibs for Rob Jones. He is pretty good if limited a defender. 6'7, and not weird looking like Crouch. Might be the type of guy you need down in League One. I would rate him as a signing for Leeds.

Guest Ringmaster

I remember when Jenas first came to Spurs and did extremely well for about 6 games, and I was all "He actually can be good!" and then he started sucking for roughly 2 years.

Now all Spurs need is for the Defoe/SWP trade to go through, so we can have a third/fourth right winger and no one on the left still :D

I wouldn't. Roberts showed at the end of last season what he brings to the team, sheer power and pace. Whist I would agree McCarthy and Santa Cruz are better overall and first choice, he brings something different to the team when playing as does Derbyshire. With Rigters untested in this league and Gallacher being, at best, a decent Championship player we should keep hold of Roberts.

That said, 4m is a good price if true.

Fulham have been on at trying to get him for a while, so I wouldn't be surprised if they keep pushing, although they have also looked at Lafferty, Darius Henderson and Kenny Miller, so I guess we'll see.

Zat Knight joins the Villa Revolution.

I'm pleased.

Zat Knight has the components to be a solid defender, and Martin O'Neill could get him going....but at the moment, he is not progressing and has been poor. I guess we'll see what O'Neill can make of him.