Best Boss Battle ?

Docpepper

After spending 3 hours ,playing Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater Substanance , I finally beat The End. This boss battle was intense and challenging. my friend kept telling me to turn the date forward a few weeks and it would be easier , but I wanted to try and hold the old fucker up so I could get his camo. Would have had him beat within an hour . but he hid up and somehow regained all of his stamina , so the battle was back to stage one. I realized later one in the battle that he gives his location away. So I looked for the sign , nail him a few times with the dart gun and track him some more.

I'm going to replay it again and try to hold him up for the camo. I have his sniper rifle now which is cool.

I've also heard the final boss fight is awesome as well. Can't wait till I get there.

What's the best boss battle in your view?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked the Scorpion at the start of FF7, mostly because he managed to turn the vast majority of people I spoke to off the game forever. "No, I don't play that game. I got the that scorpion thing but I couldn't beat it" and so forth.

Hah, I remember beating that Scorpion then having to run to school to make it on time. :shifty:

I didn't even own the game. In fact I managed to borrow it off my mate for months because, get this, he couldn't beat the scorpion. I didn't tell him how because I wanted to keep it...

Somehow I knew this thread would include The End from MGS3. What a great boss level that was. Definitely my favourite of all time. So unique in that it could literally take days and the way it's done is awesome in every way, really fitting to the theme of the game too.

I honestly cannot thing of a boss battle that is super amazing and such. A few of the God Of War bosses were cool, The End was an interesting fight.

But the funniest boss battle moment?

Final Fantasy 9, last boss, used some attack that casted Berserk on Vivi......Vivi attacks, 13 damage...Victory!

Guest clintcasey

Hmm....

Gigas at the end of Earthbound was probably was pretty damn satisfying, I would have never figured out how to beat him if I didn't break down and read the game guide. For those who have never played this classic SNES title, Gigas turned out to be a gigantic Brain with large tenticles that made it stretch out a mile or so long, buried deep in the center of the earth where it fed and became stronger by all the evil in the world. Gigas in his first stage you have to fight him and Poo. Poo is in his little flying saucer thing. Once Poo is out of the picture you got to lay a beat down on Gigas until the he turns to goo.

Now here is where most people screw up. You can beat Gigas down in his second form all day and he will destroy you no matter how much damage you do.

The second character in the game that you get is named Paula. She has an ability called Pray, which for the most part is a useless ability because it can cause anything to happen. Sure, it could completly revive all of your dead comrads and bring everyone up to full health. Sure it can do 9999 damage to all the enemies. But its all random. In fact, theres a reasonably good chance that using Pray will hurt you. So most people go threw the whole game without ever using it.

The trick to beating Gigas once he turns into a bunch of reddish Goo is to start using Paula's Prey ability repeatedly. Eventually it gets to the point where the whole world starts preying and Gigas is destroyed threw the power of Prayor. I especially liked the last round of it where it did like 9 billion damage to Gigas.

Gigas is a great boss battle. They need to release Earthbound for the Wii VC.

Another one, the first battle with Magus in Chrono Trigger is amazing, if not for any other reason but the music. Best in any game pre-CD/DVD format and honestly rivals most games today. God, that is such a good game... 12 years later and there still hasn't even been a game to come close, if you ask me.

Demon's Gate. Fuck that motherbitch.

Oh my god, I know, right? The worst part is that they inserted a save point after you can't go back to where there are randomized enemy encounters, thus making it impossible to level so if you're at a level too low to even have a shot at beating Demon Gate, um, yeah, too bad. So because of Demon Gate I had to play the first disc of FFVII all over again.

I always liked the Scorpion at the start of FF7, mostly because he managed to turn the vast majority of people I spoke to off the game forever. "No, I don't play that game. I got the that scorpion thing but I couldn't beat it" and so forth.

The funniest thing was that I completely ignored the counterattack trigger the first time I fought Guard Scorpion and I still beat it. It wasn't until like a year later that I was like "... oh, I get it. Huh."

I do not recall this scorpion in FFVII, so I'm going to assume I didn't have any difficulty beating it.

I forget the name of the character, but there was a boss in Final Fantasy VI with a squid that took place in an opera... Maybe it was in the rafters of an opera... Either way, it was awesome. A boss battle at an opera, how many other games have that?

Every boss battle in Devil May Cry 1 was amazing, except the last one, especially the spider.

Psycho Mantis, Vamp, and The End, in Metal Gear Solid's 1, 2, and 3, respectively.

Lavos in Chrono Trigger. You have to fight every boss you've fought in the game so far, then you have to fight the core of lavos(which looked oddly norwegian to me), and you think the thing in the middle is the main lavos, but in reality, it's one of the drones on the side you have to kill.

I do not recall this scorpion in FFVII, so I'm going to assume I didn't have any difficulty beating it.

It was a robot that resembled a scorpion; it's the first boss you face in the game and it's really easy.