Your movie guilty pleasures

I love 'Mortal Kombat'. I know I'm being biased, but I just can't give it anything lower than 8/10.

Another guilty pleasure of mine is Friday The 13th and other B-horror movies. Most people will say they were awful movies though entertaining. Movies like FT13 1-4, Nightmare on Elm Street 1-2, Evil Dead 1, I consider to be very good movies.

I also love the animated movie "Street Fighter Alpha". I know it got mixed reactions, and a lot of people prefer Street Fighter II: The Animated movie. But I consider SF:Alpha to be the best videogame-to-film adaptation.

"Clue" is another guilty pleasure. One of my all time favorutie comedy movies. I rank it among Clerks, Holy Grail, and Dr. Strangelove.

And who doesn't love Jack Frost? (the horror, not that terrible family movie)

For me it's anything having to do with Chuck Norris, Van Damme and Stalone. Which really shouldn't be guilty pleasures. My real guilty pleasure would probably be Swayze movies...and that does include Dirty Dancing :shifty:

Oh, Hammy. I can't believe you'd consider Statham a guilty pleasure. He's one of my favourite actors, despite his short career. He's just.. got this aura of badass that surrounds him, top class actor.

Edited by The Summ

Hidalgo and Timeline are two that immediately stick out for me. Dunno why, but both movies are awesome, Hidalgo especially. It's actually in my top ten favorite movies.

Right, loads of us see ourselves as movie buffs. If someone carts out a thread asking you to list your top ten movies, we're all diving into the thread like a pack of wolves.

Now the question is, which movie, or movie star do you really enjoy watching, one that completely goes against your own movie "ethic".

For example, people know I love my asian movies, Euro movies, English movies, some arty-farty stuff and the well-made quirky feel-good Gosford Park, Amelie and the like.

However what I'd imagine some people don't know is that I have a major movie hard-on over Jason Statham and most of all the movie Crank. Genius movie about Chev Chelios (Statham) who's a hitman and gets poisoned in his sleep leaving him with just an hour to live and exact his revenge, only able to stay alive by constantly upping his adrennaline levels. It's stupid but I love every minute.

Now your turn.

I watched Crank the other day, and loved it....nothing guilty about it at all.

Mean Girls, although technically it's not a guilty pleasure because I'm well proud of it.

YOU GO GLENN COCO

Yeah, not a guilty pleasure, but it is a really good film.

I guess the closest I have to a guilty pleasure is how much I really like The Running Man.

Oh, Hammy. I can't believe you'd consider Statham a guilty pleasure. He's one of my favourite actors, despite his short career. He's just.. got this aura of badass that surrounds him, top class actor.

That's the thing...I agree. I love him far too much.

Crank, Lock Stock, Snatch (ZE GERMANZ!), Transporter...Classics one and all.

Be Cool and Daredevil. No matter how much anyone says they suck, I'll always love both of those movies. Especially The Rock in Be Cool, and the old lady choking scene in Daredevil.