xbox 360 red lights.

FLiam

Ring Microsoft, send it off, get a new 360. Enjoy it for a few months. Endure the three red lights. Repeat.

Repeat until you reach the end of your warranty. Laugh when they quote you £85 for repairing it outside of warranty. Realise they aren't joking. Put phone down.

Call Sony. Just for a laugh.

"Sony UK, how can I help you?"

"My X-Box is dead." :(

"Uh, sir, you're going to need..."

"I don't know what happened, yesterday it was working and now it's not working and I don't know what happened!"

"I really can't..."

"WHYYYYYYYYYYYY! IT WAS MY BEST FRIEND! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO...... OH WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY." :'(

Just see what he says. maybe he'll give you a PS3?

Yeh, they said they are sending me labels?? Couldn't understand what the woman said, to contact a courier to pick it up and repair it.

Is it common that when they repair/replace it, it just happens again?

My warranty ends in 2 1/2 weeks, broke just in time really. How do I extend it and how much does it cost, anyone know?

Call Sony. Just for a laugh.

"Sony UK, how can I help you?"

"My X-Box is dead." :(

"Uh, sir, you're going to need..."

"I don't know what happened, yesterday it was working and now it's not working and I don't know what happened!"

"I really can't..."

"WHYYYYYYYYYYYY! IT WAS MY BEST FRIEND! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO...... OH WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY." :'(

Just see what he says. maybe he'll give you a PS3?

Yeh, they said they are sending me labels?? Couldn't understand what the woman said, to contact a courier to pick it up and repair it.

Is it common that when they repair/replace it, it just happens again?

They should e-mail you a printable label that you stick onto the box you send the console off in.

I had mine repaired a few months ago now and it's been fine since, no troubles at all.

Oh, I asked for them to send it to my address. So that's it, just send the Xbox without the hard drive to them with label on the box? She does it has to be a plain brown box, does it matter if it isn't plain? Not sure how strict they are.

I was testing my 360 to see if it would work and I had 3 red lights. I plugged the conenctor into the TV and then disappeared.

But I'd never had a problem with mine. Is it destined to break? Am I lucky for no problems in nearly 2 years?

My greatest fear was getting mugged while I carried a Wii home that I'd just bought on behalf of my friend.

My brother said the same.

Really though, I think if you have people in fear that there console is going to fuck up there's a big problem.

Add me to the support group. Mine died on friday night. Make matters worse, I was laid up on the couch recovering from surgery at the time. Called M$, get the usual hard to understand outsourced customer support person...give them my address etc..find out that its going to cost me 130 bucks to get it fixed...bastards...I can't afford that right now. Looks like my PS2 and gamecube are goin to get more use. I always wanted to beat both Metroid Primes with 100% anyway....

I sold mine after I realized it had literally been in it's box for the two months that I had lived in my new house, three weeks after the guy was using it the red lights of doom hit him. Got out just in time, I did.