Big Brother UK

LexChaney

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll be waiting a while. I remember reading somewhere that they had signed up for another 2 or 3 series.

Digitalspy says that two guys will go in tonight. One is a teetotal, the second went to the Whitehouse and wrote a poem for Hilary Clinton.

Edited by Lost Soul

You'll be waiting a while. I remember reading somewhere that they had signed up for another 2 or 3 series.

Digitalspy says that two guys will go in tonight. One is a teetotal, the second went to the Whitehouse and wrote a poem for Hilary Clinton.

Through clenched teeth I'll admit that if Big Brother did make it clear to them before entering that racist language wouldn't be tolerated, Emily deserved to be evicted.

And I hope for her sake she lives somewhere near me :shifty: or Clifton or something when it comes to Bristol, or maybe a totally white-get-any-blacks-here-and-we'll-kill-them area like Hartcliffe (though she had way too much class for that) because everywhere else is full of black people, and even though she didn't mean it offensively, it just needs somebody to say "oh, she's the racist one" and they'll all be on her case :shifty: Judging by her accent she doesn't live in the central areas though, so she should be okay.

Guest chatterbox

I understand getting rid of Emily, but Charley used the word to. Is it not wrong to ban an entire race from saying a word that the another race uses? And what if an Asian person used the N word?

What are the chances of them bringing Emily back later? It seems really fast for her to aggrovate almost everyone in the house and then get thrown out. My theory is she was either planted there by BB or she was given instructions to do it so she could leave now and come back later in "the secret house". I am probably wrong though. I just want Emily!

They hardly banned her because she said nigger. They banned her because she said it at a black person in that way. To ban Nicky and Charley for discussing an issue that clearly offended Charley (no matter how much of the "I'm not worried" bullshit she tried to pull) is just petty.

Guest Put You On The Game

Okay I understand that Emily is only 19 years old, had a sheltered life growing up and only used the word to try and gain "street credibility" rather than offending people, but all that is irrelevant. The fact is she did offend members of the viewing public and the show and the show along with Channel 4 had to make an example of her especially after the bollocking they had from OfCom regarding Celebrity Big Brother a few months ago.

Exactly. It's all down to the Shilpa stuff. If that didn't happen, she'd still be in there, and Charley wouldn't have felt the need to make such a big deal out of it, because they woudn't have been warned so extensively before they went in. She deserved to go, but only because of that travesty of a Celebrity Big Brother with that fat cunt Jade Goody and her gruff mum.

"One interesting aside is that the slightly nervous voice of the Big Brother who finally spoke to Emily in the diary room was Phil Edgar-Jones, the creative director of Brighter Pictures, the subsidiary of Endemol which makes the show.

To keep the big boss out til that late shows just how seriously Channel 4 took the controversy."

If Charley wouldn't have made such a big deal out of it, maybe they would've let it slide, but... I dunno. The way they dragged it out just seemed pointless.

I don't think there was ever any chance Channel 4 were going to let it slide. Even if Charley and Nicky had just laughed it off, Channel 4 had no choice but to take action.