Premiership 2007/08

Lineker

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate fans that moan when a player celebrates in front of them. They Newcastle fans have been chanting "you fat bastard" at Mido since the game started, but when he tells them to shut up they start moaning and Mido gets yellow carded.

Bunch of cunts.

Yeah - Why can fans use "banter" all game, aimed at the players ...That player then silences them and he gets booked. Silly.

What a shitty bench we have. I'd heard Anderson would start, but he's not even in the 16. Guess he's not quite fit.

Not sure how much longer it's gonna take to get him fit. He isn't injured, so I don't know why he isn't making the 16 each week. He played in the friendly just before the season started, then we don't see him.

Anyway, that said...again, another goal-less half from United. I'll be slightly worried if it stays at 0-0 or worse by the end.

What do you have to do to get a penalty at Old Trafford? One handball that was stonewall, and a foul on Berbatov that would've been given at any other ground.

Personally, I dis-agree. It was not stonewall, because cameras do not prove that it hit his arm. I thought it hit his chest, and afterwards Wes Brown came out and said that's where it hit him. To be honest, I wouldn't see any reason why he'd have to lie about it. The match is over, and United won, so no need to lie.

As far as the Berbatov one goes. If you can say that Vidic fouled him, without even knowing Berbatov was around, then fair enough, penalty. Vidic's eyes were on the ball, nothing else. It wasn't as if he took one look over to see where Berb was, and then just checked the run he made, it was just a clash between the two.

The only reason so much is being made about these incidents by non-United fans is the fact that you "don't get penalties at OT" - Now, there's been many in the past that haven't been given and I agree should have been, but I firmly believe Spurs shouldn't have had one yesterday.

Out of the two, if any was gonna be given, the Wes Brown one would have...If you watch the Berb-Vidic incident any more than once, you'll clearly see why it's no penalty.

I may get ridiculed for saying this, simply because I'm a United fan. I just hope that a non-United fan agrees with me on it.

What do you have to do to get a penalty at Old Trafford? One handball that was stonewall, and a foul on Berbatov that would've been given at any other ground.

Personally, I dis-agree. It was not stonewall, because cameras do not prove that it hit his arm. I thought it hit his chest, and afterwards Wes Brown came out and said that's where it hit him. To be honest, I wouldn't see any reason why he'd have to lie about it. The match is over, and United won, so no need to lie.

As far as the Berbatov one goes. If you can say that Vidic fouled him, without even knowing Berbatov was around, then fair enough, penalty. Vidic's eyes were on the ball, nothing else. It wasn't as if he took one look over to see where Berb was, and then just checked the run he made, it was just a clash between the two.

The only reason so much is being made about these incidents by non-United fans is the fact that you "don't get penalties at OT" - Now, there's been many in the past that haven't been given and I agree should have been, but I firmly believe Spurs shouldn't have had one yesterday.

Out of the two, if any was gonna be given, the Wes Brown one would have...If you watch the Berb-Vidic incident any more than once, you'll clearly see why it's no penalty.

I may get ridiculed for saying this, simply because I'm a United fan. I just hope that a non-United fan agrees with me on it.

Look at the penalty Chelsea got last week, if that's a penalty then the Berbatov/Vidic one definitely was.

Trouble is, that wasn't a penalty. And everyone who isn't a Chelsea fan, know that. Even the ones that are know it, they just probably won't be as quick to say they do.

Like I say, if any should have been, then it was the Brown incident. There is no way Berbatov should have had the penalty off Vidic.

At first glance the Berbatov incident seemed a definite penalty but upon seeing replays it just looks like a tangle of legs so it shouldn't have been given anyway.

The Wes Brown incident I'm convinced should have been a penalty. Sure, Brown himself, Alex Ferguson and Man Utd fans will say it wasn't and Spurs fans & players will all say it was but from what I've read and heard the 'neutrals' think it was and I think that's a good indication. The initial TV replay made it look like it hit his chest but on the others it really does look like it hits his arm.

Malouda jumped into Finnan when the ball was nowhere near him. There's no case for a penalty there whatsoever.

Look at the penalty Chelsea got last week, if that's a penalty then the Berbatov/Vidic one definitely was.

You really can't complain when one ref gives a penalty like that, and then complain when another ref doesn't. Neither were penalties. The ref in the Liverpool/Chelsea game was wrong, the ref in the United/Spurs game was right.

My point exactly. Two wrongs don't make a right, as they say. Just because one penalty that shouldn't have been was given, it doesn't mean another "non penalty" if you like, should be given ....Especially when the incidents happen a week apart between two different teams. JTE said it perfectly. At Anfield a ref made a mistake, at OT a ref made the right call.

I know you obviously don't mean it like it seems to be coming across, because to me it sounds like your saying because one bad decision was made, another should be made as well.

I agree, but it's something Liverpool fans say a lot.