Adam

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

knew the FL had no balls to admit they were wrong,

hope to god this spurs leeds on to win the play-offs, see how Mawhinney (who should be sacked) moves the goalposts then...

If i made a balls up on the same scale mawhinney has done, id be sacked on the spot. tosser.

Huge day for us today-win and we're promoted, it's that simple. I wish I was going, but Cheltenham have the smallest ground in the division and it was sold out before I could get a ticket, but no matter, I'll just follow on the tele. It'd be astounding if we went up, from the depths of the Conference and near bankruptcy to the second tier in 10 years, with three promotions six seasons is a fantastic achievement, no matter what anyone says.

Now lets just see if we can do it!

Yeah, undeniably an amazing achievement. I hope Carlisle win the play-offs if we clinch 2nd.

Anyone but Forest :P

EDIT: Although, form and team news indicates that this is the day of the great escape at Bournemouth. Carlisle are on a terrible run of form and are without Raven, Livesey and Jeff Smith today. Bournemouth have won their last 6 I believe, and I think they're gonna do it. Hopefully we can help them by finishing off Cheltenham and sending them down.

Edited by 1PWCorino

Carlisle have themselves to blame. Bournemouth are bringing up 1.5k fans and will probably out-shout the Carlisle crowd if they want. Carlisle won't go up, and I will take great pride in telling my friends that they only have themselves to blame.

Were clear favourites to go up automatically, and one poor match lead to a complete disaster and everything went wrong. They won't go up and it's their own fault. They looked over their shoulder and at one point Doncaster were a blip in the background, they could have been 7 points clear and they didn't get it done. If Doncaster go up, then Carlisle need to look at themselves and see where it went wrong.

Swansea and Doncaster will be playing Championship next year. Carlisle aren't going to go up, at the minute Leeds, Southend and Forest are all just better than them right now. Maybe next year, but, I won't hold my breath - or really give a flying fuck.

Odd. I'm sure I have a newspaper somewhere about John Ward agreeing with Calderwood about if Leed's got their points back it would be a farce. I may dig it out, but it was a few weeks ago so it's probably been recycled by now.

Jesus Christ this is tense. Forest look like they've got the auto promotion place secured even though a draw could mess everything up

... yeah it's unlikely Carlisle are going to get anything now, playing Leeds in the first round of the play-offs as it stands, we beat them at home but lost away so playing further away than Leeds will wreck them

Edit 1:YEOVIL SCORE!

If Yeovil get another without reply and Carlisle score another then the table will look something like

Swansea 89

Carlisle 82

Nottingham Forrest 80

Doncaster 80

Edit 2: well could be worse suppose, we're playing Leeds in the first match of the play-offs but we're more or less lost that one. Bring on 2008/09

Edited by The General

Couldn't even grab a second against Bournemouth. I feel dirty, I don't even like Carlisle that much. But we've sent Bournemouth down and gained nothing out of it. Either go for a counter attack and score - since you need to, but they let Bournemouth press them. And they're on a terrible run of form, 1 win in 8 I expect so will crash out of the play offs very quickly, and very spectacularly I imagine.

I see Leeds going up but I'd like Southend too. Can't see Swansea managing it, Forest maybe but it'll be tight - look at the teams in the relegation scrap for the Championship, no one's really safe so it'll be a big match for them.

Ah well, maybe next year will be Carlisle's year. But I don't see them advancing any further than League One to be honest.

I feel kinda happy for Forest. Most comments from their fans have been in good grace, none of them have been arrogant or cocky and that nonsense, they've accepted that Doncaster and Carlisle have put up good fights, but it's just their season.

Best of luck to them, as it will be tough. Part of me hopes Carlisle goes up, the other just... I can't deal with the fans who think their in the same class as Sunderland. I put up with it from kids from as young as 6 to people as old as 18-19. Many of the legitimately believing the gulf in class and quality is not that big.

Coventry should avoid relegation barring two or three upsets and a loss. Good job guys.

Bath City stayed up too. Yay!

Edited by Hajjhowe

The Championship is just too much fun. Today has made me realised why I like this league possibly the most out of all of them.

Southampton and Leicester are swapping positions to be relegated constantly. If Leicester score a goal then Coventry are going down as it stands.

Watford and Palace look likely to go into the play offs. Stoke are currently going up in second. Bristol City are doing their business but their Play Off position is assured of. Palace are 5 up so that's safe. Watford are clinging on despite dominating Blackpool, just 1-1 so it's very close.

Sheff Wed have just gone 3-1 up against Norwich after going a goal down, so they must be safe. It's down to Southampton, Leicester ... and possibly Coventry now as they look unlikely to get anything. So it's up to Leicester just to go and score. Hume just had a free kick on the edge of the area - apparently it could/should have been a penalty.

I love the Championship.