Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread 07/08

Adam

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depressing, depressing and again, depressing.

1 point out of the play-offs, better goal difference then Wolves and Watford, who finished 7th and 6th.

The play-offs are really up in the air, i'm leaning towards Bristol City to go up, after seeing all four teams at Portman Road and going to Watford and Crystal Palace away as well, i hope they don't go up, Hull and Bristol City are the more impressive out of the four teams but all teams are distinctly average, Stoke and whoever go up in the play-offs will compete to beat Derby's impressive record, it would have been the same if Ipswich did make it and then go up, in a way i'm glad, one more season at this level with a healthy transfer budget next year won't be a bad thing.

Next year, will make the top 6, well, IMO.

Great season for football, The Championship has been more then enjoyable this year, already have my season ticket renewed for next year, i'm already counting down the days.

Tomorrow i'm heading in to the town center to watch Sir Bobby Robson get given the freedom of Ipswich and the F.A Cup winning team are parading the cup in a 30 year ceremony since winning it, which should be good.

Edited by new_era

I'm finding it hard to look passed Palace. Good run late on I believe, and I can't help but think Hull and Bristol City are going to be 'exposed' to a degree.

Either way, Hull, Bristol City, Crystal Palace and Watford all with a chance of going up but having a month less to prepare is going to spell disaster.

Also has Beattie been given his medal yet, or is that done soon new_era?

Warnock to keep his ludicrous rants as far away from the Premier League as possible, please. Watford... yeah, I'm sick of them. Whenever they go up they're the whipping boys of the entire league, and I can't see much changing if they make it again. So one of Hull and City, preferably City for obvious reasons. If they don't go up they'll finish about 14th next season, so this is the year they have to make the most of it really as they won't be this good again for a long while.

Bittersweet for the Gas. On the one hand, Tony Pullis has taken Stoke to the Premiership, so on that front it's nice seeing a former Bristol Rovers man go up. On the other hand though, Ollie has gone down with Leicester and it's sad to see that happen. However, if they don't get rid of him, I believe he'll transform the team and take them back up. He's good enough for the Premiership without a doubt :)

Still, good season for all and here's to Bristol City cocking up the play-offs! (H)

Edited by 'Wildcat' BSIG

Bittersweet for the Gas. On the one hand, Tony Pullis has taken Stoke to the Premiership, so on that front it's nice seeing a former Bristol Rovers man go up. On the other hand though, Ollie has gone down with Leicester and it's sad to see that happen. However, if they don't get rid of him, I believe he'll transform the team and take them back up. He's good enough for the Premiership without a doubt :)

Still, good season for all and here's to Bristol City cocking up the play-offs! (H)

Holloway good enough for the premier league? >_< proved that hasn't he....

Edited by new_era

Guest Jay-Oxide

Top of the leage, you're havin' a laugh!

Great to see Albion up. I hope it's not gonna be another great escape scenario next season. As great as that season was, it's far too much suspension for me. Good for Stoke to. (Y)

We've come away with a decent result tonight at Southend, it's all to play for in the second leg, but I'm still wondering what the hell got Heffernan so worked up to jab his head at Mulgrew and earn a red card. Only card of the night, and he isn't even a hot-headed player. Madness.

Anyone know what he was complaining to the referee about? His team not being able to score I imagine?

The post match reaction was basically

"A good goal"

"very good"

"lots of swerve"

"city have the advantage?"

"i think so"

"me too"

"bye"

i think that was the general gist of the 1 minute 30 reaction to the match.