The U20 World Cup

Guest Ringmaster

Guest Ringy

It kicks off in two days. Any of my fellow compatriots intend to go to a few games? I'll definitely swing by a few. I wanna see Canada if they come by, and I think I'll do my best to see Mexico vs. Argentina live 'cause it should be a blast given the likes of Aguero, Vela and Dos Santos will be there. I also wanna go see Portugal and heckle the players, 'cause I'm really petty.

In any case, discuss :shifty:

oh and Canadians can catch all the games on CBC.

Edited by Ringy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mr. Potato Head

21 games on CBC, 21 on Country Canada and 10 on GOLTV, actually. (Y)

And they're suppling the world feed, which according to today's Toronto Star, means the games will be called by a bunch of British guys and Steve Armitage.

Obviously, I know very little about the actual tournament, other than that David Edgar's on Canada.

Guest Ringy

So no CBC commentators? Rats. :shifty:

Canada has Asmir Begovic, Will Johnson, David Edgar and Andrea Lombardo as their name players, which isn't bad. You should probably check out Fox Sports World's Bobby McMahon's blog if you wanna get familiar with the teams, because there are some pretty good players taking part.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/BobbyMcMahon

Edited by Ringy

Okay so as if we actually needed confirmation of it, the Group of Death was just that today. Kudos to the Polish for some frustratingly solid defense, even if the Brazilians weren't executing worth shit. And the South Koreans were clearly the better of them and USA, but it seems like they weren't patient enough in their execution. Man of the match was definitely Chris Seitz, who bailed the Americans out on numerous occasions. This group's gonna be fun to watch.

I've got tickets for the Canada vs. Chillie matchup on July 11th, going with 4 other friends, should be a lot of fun.

I hoep we get the New Zealnd games over here because I honestly see us with a pretty reasonable shot at advancing. Gambia, I have no idea how good they are but I feel that name value alone, we will beat them. Portugal we eat us alive and Mexico is going to be the match that counts. Here's hoping for some kiwi inginuity to carry us through to the knockout stage.

Oh and:

nzteamzh0.png

I know both those guys with red circles around therre name. They went to my school last year and I use to train with them :D

Edited by Legend_Killer33