The Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Ruki

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be more specific, on the PC if you hit R, it will move to 3rd person. If you're in 3rd person and hit R, it'll go back to first person. You can also use the scroll wheel on your mouse if you have one to move in or out of 1st person.

Not sure what button it is on the X-Box/whatever.

I have both the Anvil and Waterfront houses. The Waterfront house comes very useful for storage considering I'm going to the Imperial City most of the time to sell weapons and such. It's small as hell, but if you get to buy all the furniture for it, then it won't look too bad.

As for the Anvil house, the quest takes a bit of time (IIRC), but in the end it's well worth it. I hardly use the house, but it's great to look at.

• 2 months later...

I thought it was pretty good when I first got into it, but I ended up leaving it alone for a while and now I dread the thought of picking it up again. I still don't understand the point in enemies levelling up along with your character, but eh.

Ok I have had it on the PC since it first came out and it used to run fine. But now it seems that if I play for more than an hour, the 3D card overheats and I get weird colors and I am forced to turn the PC off.

It's an Nvidia 6800 PCI Express and it used to work perfectly fine....any idea of what can I do to make it work alright again?

Maybe its a driver problem. Try and update your drivers, or if you have recently, maybe there is a problem with them.

Alternatively, it could be a hardware problem. Check if its still plugged into your motherboard properly. You could also invest in a fan to put on it, like a Zalman, to make sure it stays cool.

You should be more vocal on it, it'd be nice to have another admin to act as a foil to Marsh and his whole "360 is so wonderful :)" attitude, which I have to admit is kinda of charming in an innocent, cutesy way.

• Admin

So I got the game, been playing quite a bit the past two days and it is awesome except that I'm finding it a bit hard to navigate, I've read that there's so much to do I just don't know how to do it. Having a real hard time locating gold.

I had my first fight in the arena and won, but I've no potions left to try the next fight and haven't got enough gold to buy any.

I killed someone out by the stables to join the Dark Brotherhood, did the first part of the quest where I've to kill Rufio but when I tried to get into the abandoned house I had no picks and didn't know where to get any, this lead to...

Me joining the Thieves Guild. It messed up a bit at first, when I was waiting around in the markets for the Dark Elf to bring me the note I noticed at the other end of an alley that there was a dark elf standing there that I could walk through :blink: when I exited and re-entered the area he was gone, but I didn't know I'd gotten the note somehow until I by chance checked my quest screen. Musta been a glitch. Then when I was waiting in the garden for Armand the same thing happened to him, he sort of froze and I could walk through him. Went away and came back the next night and all was well. Didn't manage to get the diary from the house, but I did steal it from the elf's house later on that night.

So now I'm going to go back to the Dark Brotherhood quests seeing as I can now buy picks, I'd like to do the Arena too but really need to get more gold.