Vick Indicted

Maxx

ESPN has brought up the strangely overlooked point that it doesn't matter what the plea agreement is, it could contain no prison time, the judge decides what the sentence will be. From what I'm hearing about the judge, he starts at the middle of the max sentence and moves up based on what he sees in the trial. I figure he'd be somewhat lienient since Vick is admitting his guilt, but probably a little annoyed his didn't do it right off the bat. I'm expecting at least a year and half, probably 2 and I wouldn't rule out 3

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sickened by the NFL and especially the Falcons owner's response to the guilty plea. These clowns are pussyfooting around with "we are not pre-judging Vick and we will wait to make a decision."

The dude just admitted to MURDERING DOZENS OF DOGS. Tortured them, hung them, drowned them, electrocuted them. The NFL should come straight and say "You're done, goodbye. Best of luck when you get out of jail." To even leave it on the table for this worthless pile of shit to return to the NFL is just unacceptable. There is no gray area here, the guy has openly admitted guilt, I don't see how he can even possibly get a second chance.

I am sickened by the NFL and especially the Falcons owner's response to the guilty plea. These clowns are pussyfooting around with "we are not pre-judging Vick and we will wait to make a decision."

The dude just admitted to MURDERING DOZENS OF DOGS. Tortured them, hung them, drowned them, electrocuted them. The NFL should come straight and say "You're done, goodbye. Best of luck when you get out of jail." To even leave it on the table for this worthless pile of shit to return to the NFL is just unacceptable. There is no gray area here, the guy has openly admitted guilt, I don't see how he can even possibly get a second chance.

Oh come on, it's not like he murdered a living thing with feelings!

...Oh wait.

I completely agree with you, there is no logic for the NFL or Arthur Blank and their responses. Yes, Michael Vick did openly admit that what he did was wrong, and we can't criticize him for that. And there's nothing anyone would like to see more than for Michael Vick to come out of this as a much better man. But the NFL should take a stand and say, "You've had your chance. You've blew it. Best of luck in the future, if you want, there are other places for you to play football." After all, he hasn't blown his chance as an employee of the CFL or one of the upstart U.S. leagues.

Guest starsaligned916

Are you kidding? A convicted rapist can be out of jail in ten years. Is that right? A rapist has rights that Vick didn't even have. His name can be concealed in reports, he can live amongst normal people without them even knowing. Is that right? No, it isn't.

Guest starsaligned916

Good, what a wanker.

Give him 10 years, the prick.

That's right, give him longer than actual murderers.

Or rapers.

This is exposing a faulty system that provides far too many rights to those that rape and kill humans. It's exposing an entire generation who has been so subdued by the news and movies to human death that they feel as though a dog - do to it's innocence as being a less intelligent animal - being killed is more tragic.

I love dogs, but a convicted rapist should get life. A convicted murderer should get life. Animal cruelty and illegal gambling? A year or two in jail and fines.

Good, what a wanker.

Give him 10 years, the prick.

That's right, give him longer than actual murderers.

Or rapers.

This is exposing a faulty system that provides far too many rights to those that rape and kill humans. It's exposing an entire generation who has been so subdued by the news and movies to human death that they feel as though a dog - do to it's innocence as being a less intelligent animal - being killed is more tragic.

I love dogs, but a convicted rapist should get life. A convicted murderer should get life. Animal cruelty and illegal gambling? A year or two in jail and fines.

Edited by That One Guy