2007-2008 NBA Thread

Yes it is but I really do like their young mix. With Miami looking bad early and questions about Arenas....Atlanta can easily slide in.

I could most definitely see them catching either the sixth, seventh, or eighth seed in the East, but that would likely put them right in the line of fire for the Celtics. That said, them even getting in the playoffs would have a lot of people eating crow...so I'm all about it.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't even go so far as to compare them to those Lakers, maybe something from the Bucks history when they had Cassell and Allen (I don't remember much of those Bucks teams, so I could be completely off-base). They are a jump shooting team without an inside presence or a slashing threat, they have an under-sized backcourt, a coach who makes the some of the worst decisions I've seen in quite some time, and a lack of a team leader. In terms of players leading the team, Adrian Griffin is the guy who called a players-only meeting and Joakim Noah is the guy speaking out. Now, I like both of those guys, but I really wish a starter had stepped up and done either, or both, of those things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like what's going on in New York with the Knicks loyalists trying to get rid of Isiah Thomas.

Something needs to be done across the river too. The Nets are doing shit as well.

I agree, something needs to be done. Just after Toronto do well this year.

Good luck with getting ahead of Boston