2007-2008 NBA Thread

I'll say this before and say it again here. New Jersey is still better than Boston in the Atlantic. These three guys will have some problems sharing the ball and the glory considering all three have been lone all stars for years. Meanwhile, New Jersey has greater depth and has worked together for years ... plus has Krstic who is better than whatever fourth guy Boston can throw out on the court (Rondo).

Rashard Lewis and his three straight 20-PPG seasons say hi. Ray also had to defer to Glenn Robinson in Milwaukee, back when Glenn was actually...ya know, good. Pierce is the only one that's likely to start sulking over touches, and even he might be happier to play with a guy like Allen, who can actually MAKE his shots, as opposed to an Antoine Walker who heaved 'em up like he was playing Pop-A-Shot all night. Ray just has to worry about staying healthy. Ankle problems will seriously fuck up a man's shot, and if Ray's shot goes, his career's over.

I know there is no way to predict who's going to get injured and what not... but a lot of you guys seem to be misinformed about Kevin Garnett's durability. In fact, throughout his 12 year career, the most games he's ever missed in a single season has been 6, and that figure has only been reached in each of the past 2 seasons.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kevin_garnet...reer_stats.html

I can understand people expecting either Allen/Pierce to miss some time, but it's highly unlikely that KG will miss an enormous amount of time.

It's human nature to wait for the other shoe to drop. If a guy's durable for so many years, people will start to wait for that first big injury to rear its head. I don't think anybody here insinuated that Garnett's made of crystal, or even that they expect him to get hurt. But...shit does happen. And if it happens to Garnett, the Celtics need a big rebounding presence from...Kendrick Perkins, i.e., they're screwed.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ray Allen? No big deal. Kevin Garnett? He's just taking Gerald Green's number. The most influential offseason transaction for the Boston Celtics this offseason happened today when they inked former Kansas Jayhawk Scot "Hey Kids Do Drugs" Pollard to a one-year deal worth the league minimum, an absolute steal.

Celtics better hope that noone gets hurt now or its gonna be big minutes for a guy who stole his haircut from Kazuya from Tekken.

I never said Garnett was injury prone, only that if he gets hurt, he Celtics hopes for playoff sucess goes down with him. Anybody here think Jermaine O'Neal will get traded to the Lakers? I hope it does happen if only for Kobe's sake, but it seems a pretty big risk, specially if the Lakers need to deal Andrew Bynum who is like their future center and all, for someone who IS injury prone. I love Jermaine, he is one of my favorites, but I dont know if he is worth the risk. I know the Lakers will likely try to make the deal happen no matter what, if only for Kobe.

First Penny Hardaway signs with a Heat and Reggie Miller talks with the Celtics about a possible spot duty return. Now Allan Houston is talking about the possibility of coming back to play. When will all this end? Are we going to see Isaiah Thomas come off the Knicks bench next season?

Geriatric movement in the East~!

<_<

I'm amazed that Penny would even consider teaming with Shaq again, but I guess he wants the chance to win a ring. Secondly, Isiah would be better at running the point than Marbury. Lastly, any team that even looks at Allan Houston and his gimpy knees should immediately be banished to the WNBA.

I'm amazed that Penny would even consider teaming with Shaq again, but I guess he wants the chance to win a ring. Secondly, Isiah would be better at running the point than Marbury. Lastly, any team that even looks at Allan Houston and his gimpy knees should immediately be banished to the WNBA.

That might be the only way a team from the Eastern Conference will win a title.

Another washed up ex-star has also thrown his name into the comeback pool, H20 Allan Houston. With Miller, Oakley, and Penny (recently signed) all trying to get back into the game after 1+ year absences from the game (not even mentioning Kevin Willis at the end of last season with Dallas and Scottie Pippen's comeback plea) is becoming a hilarious trend. Here's rooting for Glenn Robinson, Keith Van Horn, Ron Mercer, and other washouts to want back in the league.

Another washed up ex-star has also thrown his name into the comeback pool, H20 Allan Houston. With Miller, Oakley, and Penny (recently signed) all trying to get back into the game after 1+ year absences from the game (not even mentioning Kevin Willis at the end of last season with Dallas and Scottie Pippen's comeback plea) is becoming a hilarious trend. Here's rooting for Glenn Robinson, Keith Van Horn, Ron Mercer, and other washouts to want back in the league.

I am excited for this coming season as a Raptors fan. They made a huge leap in terms of skill and talent last year, and with a full season of experience under their belts, I can see them getting better. Chris Bosh has come out as a star player, and Andrea Barnagni had a fantastic rookie season. Losing Morris Peterson hurts the team a bit though.

I am excited for this coming season as a Raptors fan. They made a huge leap in terms of skill and talent last year, and with a full season of experience under their belts, I can see them getting better. Chris Bosh has come out as a star player, and Andrea Barnagni had a fantastic rookie season. Losing Morris Peterson hurts the team a bit though.

Donaghy's dropping dime on TWENTY officials who engaged in gambling activities! LMAO. Let's see if Stern lives up to his promise to fire them all. I don't think he's got the balls to do it, but it would be funny to see the NBA officials finally be forced to clean up their acts.