2007-2008 NBA Thread

I agree that Donaghy could start an avalanche of NBA refs getting busted, but if it's amongst themselves (like NCAA brackets, betting with each other on football) they'll need more then Donaghy pointing the finger.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure on this as I'm just hypothesizing on what he means, but it could be said that neither won rings because of either missed calls (Jordan pushoff) or Barkley (being the Sheed of his generation) or something along those lines...?

I'm not sure on this as I'm just hypothesizing on what he means, but it could be said that neither won rings because of either missed calls (Jordan pushoff) or Barkley (being the Sheed of his generation) or something along those lines...?

What do you mean by being the Sheed' of his generation? Constant bitching?

Just curious, Sheed seemed kind of a strange comparison to me.

• 3 weeks later...

# 1 pick Greg Oden just had microfracture surgery on his knee and will likely miss the entire season. That sucks.

Portland simply can't win drafting big people. Everybody's been bringing up Bill Walton and Sam Bowie ever since they drafted Oden, but there's a very good reason. If any franchise would have learned to be sensitive to medical red flags, especially in big men, it would be the Blazers.

This whole Isiah Thomas sexual harrassment trial leaves me embarassed to be a Knicks fan. From Isiah laughing while his accuser is on the stand to Marbury's gleeful testimony how he banged an intern in a car, to me personally is kinda funny but shows what disarray is going on with the "figureheads" of the Knicks organization. Marbury can't get to Italy quick enough and honestly, how much money would it take to get Jeff Van Gundy back.

Don't blame Isiah, he's a saint. Ok maybe not, and it is making the knicks look bad but I also think the thing is more grabbing for money after being fired on the accusers part.. Admittedly I haven't followed the trial.

West are odd on favorites to win the title, but last year to me was more of a bad match up as the spurs against a one man team = a win always. Plus, to me the east have rules to keep James in the game but, I'm a Pistons fan so go figure that I think that. Not taken alway though that he single handily beat us in the game five at the Palace. Moving on to this season.

I think the mavs are going to fade a bit this season. I have no real reason other then a gut feeling. The west will come down to the Suns and the Spurs again. I don't think any team matches them in skill. Even though Marian said today that he wanted out of Phoenix esscentily(sp). May force more time on Hill. Think im right with that pick up.

The east will be interesting. I think it be pistons and Cavs in the east finals again, but I could see one or both getting not out if the Boston idea pans out, and if Chicago wasting a draft pick on another engerly guy don't hurt them. Then again, a surprise team could make a run as it is the east, and pretty much open to anyone having a decent season.

Edited by buck44

I still think New Jersey is better than Boston.

They're both three stars and a bunch of scrubs, so yeah, it depends on which threesome you like better. I'm more partial to Allen/KG/Pierce myself, but the Nets are ten games better than they should be as long as they have Jason Kidd.

That said, the entire Atlantic Division sums up the case for relegation in American sports. A .500 record should be good for the division title...unless Toronto simply runs away and clinches with ten games left.

• 3 weeks later...