2007-2008 NBA Thread

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't give up a ten point lead in the 4th quarter. Plus, Sheed and Prince really aren't clutch in these pressure situations, Sheed's fucking overrated. "He has the ability to be a dominant PF", I call bullshit.

But, the better team won, so no harm there. I'm more interested to see what moves Joe has in store this summer, they can't take this same core into next season without some kind of a shake up. I'd expect that Flip could be the first to go, followed by a starter or two via trade.

Oh, and so much for any wager with DMN. That's an even bigger bummer, I'd prefer L.A. over Boston myself.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Also in the NFL, the playoff games are one-and-done, so I feel like you also have to take that into consideration.

How does that change anything? Football can't have series, and if basketball had one-and-done we'd have number 8 seeds winning the Finals every 10 years or so.

And I'll agree the Steelers had better competition, but their time of dominance was less, and they were only dominant for a short period of time (6 years). The 49ers had a decade where they were always the favorite more or less. The Spurs have been the favorites for the past 5-6 years (since the end of the brief Lakers three-peat). Dynasties don't win every year, they are omnipresent. And anyone who has watched basketball this decade knows nobody has been more of a powerful presence than the San Antonio Spurs. They are the age of parity's dynasty.

Take this year for example. If Boston had lost that series to Atlanta, it would have been a much bigger deal then if the Colts lose in the first round in my opinion because the Celtics get 7 shots to win 4 games, the Colts have one chance to win that game. In reference to dynasties, I find it easier to accept a team not repeating in the NFL opposed to the NBA for this fact.

As for the Finals, I really like players on both teams, but since the Lakers are so much better and are only getting younger, I'd have to say I'm hoping to see Garnett and company pick up a ring before their time runs out.

That is all sorts of badass. This is the best shot I've found of the original (at least I assume this is the one) for comparison's sake.

bird.jpg

I love Kobe and KG, they could very well be my two favorite players that aren't in a Bulls uniform, so this is shaping up to be a great series for me. I suppose I'm rooting for the Celtics just because Kobe is the oldest player on the Lakers and they'll only be better next year, so they'll have plenty of chances to get a ring with the Big Three are running out of time.

Edited by Trey

I'd love to see Garnett get a ring, but I just can't pick it.

Lakers in 6.

And a big (Y) to Erin Andrews' cleavage on Jimmy Kimmel Game Night.

Edited by Starrfield and Friends

I don't see how Kobe doesn't take this moment in and just completely take over. I mean the man is possessed and if he comes up big here, he can elevate himself into the Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Wilt, Russell category in my opinion. He has to realize that and he has to know that this is his biggest chance with it being LA and Boston.

I want Kobe to get a ring, but I want KG and company to have one too. I think it will be the Celtics in 7. I don't see them winning all three games at home and then more than one on the road.

Well it's moreso the fact that the Lakers aren't playing defense and not getting to the line than the Celtics dominating the Lakers. I think that the Lakers will get on more of a roll when they're in LA.

Oh and Radmonovic can die already, he's played absolutely horrible this series.

Yeah, right now it looks like the Lakers won't be able to come close to winning in Boston.

I don't see Boston winning in LA either, so if LA can get one out of Boston I think they'll take it. But as it looks right now that's doubtful.

EDIT: Ahaaaa. 10 Minutes ago they were down by like 18. Craaazy.

Edited by Mr. Evil Guy

I want the Celtics to win this series, I do, and they should being up 2-0, but jeez, they really almost blew that 24 point lead.

I know I'm stating the obvious, I'm just posting one of those "wtf" moments, I mean a 24 point lead nearly gone with only 7 minutes to go! It's hard to say Boston wins one in LA. Then again, the Lakers looked awful at points too.

Despite being down 2-0, the Lakers are actually not in such awful shape. The next three are in L.A., and given Bostons playoff road woes, it's conceivable that the Lakers win the next three. If that were to happen, I could easily see them taking one in Boston. Still, Boston may have solved their problems on the road against Detroit.

Edited by VerbalPuke