Football Manager 2008

Dan

And you have to recreate Fran and play him left wing.

So I'm stumped. Do I keep plodding along with my Canavese game or;

Start a game with all 4 top teams and possibly do a diary

or do a Sunderland diary, i have a very little of it written up and planned out - it's got a bit of a twist to it, not much but something to make it a little interesting

of course a game controlling the top 4 would also be very interesting.

EDIT: Or maybe a Deportivo game? ¬_¬

Edited by IAceI

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And you have to recreate Fran and play him left wing.

So I'm stumped. Do I keep plodding along with my Canavese game or;

Start a game with all 4 top teams and possibly do a diary

or do a Sunderland diary, i have a very little of it written up and planned out - it's got a bit of a twist to it, not much but something to make it a little interesting

of course a game controlling the top 4 would also be very interesting.

EDIT: Or maybe a Deportivo game? ¬_¬

Control the top 4, but don't do a diary.

Leave that bit to me if I ever get round to doing it. :pervert:

Okay so I won the league by 3 points. Carrick also departed back to Tottenham for 7M. And I was named manager of the year. I was offered the job at Barcelona which I turned down so I can have a crack at Champs League glory.

Scholes, Neville, Van Der Sar and Giggs have announced they will retire at the end of 2010 but they've been let go on frees anyway. Pizarro is released on a free and Kroldrup departed on a free to...some team.

Got a transfer budget of 46M.

Brought in Thomas Gravesen for 120K as backup to Michael Johnson in defensive midfield since I realized I had no one to back him up, should get a season or two out of the veteran Dane. Since Pizarro has been released and Mauricio isn't doing as well as I'd like I'm going to have to hunt around for a good 3rd string striker. Especially since Huntelaar seems to get injured a bit.

How do you do the thing that makes the German national team have their real players?

& why the hell is it like that, anyway. >_>.

You need to delete a folder. I forget which one as I deleted it some time ago....

And it's like that because the Germans won't allow their team to be represented and don't let anyone have the licence.

When the board refuse to let you have a parent club.. how long do you think it is before I can possibly get one? Like are there any requirements?

When the board come back and say "they don't see any need" well let's see, I could use the players and the income. So... yeah, I think there is need.

Any ideas?

When the board refuse to let you have a parent club.. how long do you think it is before I can possibly get one? Like are there any requirements?

When the board come back and say "they don't see any need" well let's see, I could use the players and the income. So... yeah, I think there is need.

Any ideas?

I encountered the same problem once. I think you just have to deal with it and just keep trying, unfortunately.

I still haven't been able to get that far into a game on 2008, so I went back to my Liverpool game on 2007, currently in 15/16. We're such an immense team, we play football like the Hungarians used to, it takes about 3 passes for us to get a shot on goal. I just wanna get to the summer now though, because I've been buying a lot youth over the past few seasons and now's the time to introduce them. I line up like this:

GK: Masashi Tsuda (immense young Jap goalie)/Pepe Reina (33 now, I'll probably keep him as backup until he retires)

DR: Rafinha (best right back I've ever had, what a stud)/Diego (regen; I spent years trying to get a work permit for him and now when I start playing him he isn't happy being back-up, he's getting on in the summer)

DL: Drew Harford (just immense, he's 22 and I've been playing him first choice for 3 or 4 seasons now, he's far too good for a 22 year old, worth like 14.75m I think)/Razvan Lazar (signed him from my Romanian feeder club, more work permit shenanigans, same situation as Diego, including the fucking off part)

DC: Nogueira (really good 24 year old Brazilian, was back-up until I realised he's the best in my squad)/Curtis Davies (he's 30 now and I have no interest in keeping him even though he's a regular starter for England and he's always been solid for me; I need to introduce the youth)

DC: Daniel Agger (Mr. Consistant, I think he's 31 now but he'll have a place in my team for a while longer yet)/Godwin Antwi (he's a good player but I have no place for him, so I'll have to clear him out as well)

MR: Nicolas Millan (bought from Chelsea for 23m, turned out to be a wise acquisition, he's been on fire this season)/Jesus Navas (31 I think and a waste of money, he's spent his entire career for me injured or playing shite, what a disappointment, luckily his contract's up at the end of the season)/Ross Campbell (18 year old with good potential, I like the idea of introducing him early)

ML: Charles N'Zogbia (30 now I think but I'll keep him until he retires, he's been immense for me since I signed him in 2007, I just hope he doesn't start playing shite all of a sudden)/Nathan Porritt (complete waste of 10m, constantly injured and even when he's not he doesn't do anything, definitely leaving in the summer)

MC: Amaral (my captain, a 25 year old Brazilian regen who plays the DM role well)/Momo Sissoko (plays well whenever I play him but it might be time to think about getting rid of him because I have two young DMs waiting in the wings)

MC: Cesc Fabregas (bought him for 30m a few seasons ago and he's been outstanding, he's only 28 as well)/ Javier Cortes (basically Fabregas mark II, he's only 21 and he'll take Fabregas' role when he's no use to me any more)

FC: Gonzalo Higuain (my Captain Marvel; just brilliant since I signed him in 2008 and still only 27)/Giorgos Samaras (signed for 26.5m ages ago, the less said about that the better, he's generally been alright when I've needed him, but he's not necessary any more so I'll sell him, maybe even in January)

FC: Aaron Niguez (almost as good as Higuain, only 25 himself, they make a fantastic pairing)/Holger Muller (Germany's best player as they won the U21s, snapped him up for 10m immediately)

Then I have a home-grown Argentinian centre-back called Nelson Artaza to integrate, I think he's the best I've produced so far (well maybe Greg Ameobi who's currently plying his trade at Chelsea). I wanna play this game until Drew Harford retires, just to see how my team ends up in about 13 years.

Started a game as Aston Villa. Brought in Pascal Chimbonda, Radek Sirl and Jhon Viafara. Still have about 2.8M left... But I'm saving that in case I need it in January.

So far have beaten Newcastle 2-0, Bolton 3-0, drawn 0-0 with Middlebrough and lost 2-0 to Spurs. Oh, and I beat Nottm Forest in the League Cup. Not a bad start so far. I'm pretty pleased with it.