Iron Man

MalaCloudy Black

Lorina and I are psyched about this film. The way they're handling the story, the casting for the characters... seriously, thus far? I'd pay to watch this over and over again, just from the trailer.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) It stars Robert Downey Jr, one of my five favourite actors.

2) It's about Iron Man, my favourite comic-book character by a ridiculous margin

3) It looks like one of Benji's wet dreams put on film

All it needs now is Stark acting like a dick to a bunch of people and it ticks all four boxes for "Greatest Fucking Movie Ever Goddamn"

1) It stars Robert Downey Jr, one of my five favourite actors.

2) It's about Iron Man, my favourite comic-book character by a ridiculous margin

3) It looks like one of Benji's wet dreams put on film

All it needs now is Stark acting like a dick to a bunch of people and it ticks all four boxes for "Greatest Fucking Movie Ever Goddamn"

I feel honoured that you should associate my dreams with such a splendid film :lmao:

Damn right best in years. What comes close? Not Spiderman after the abortion that was #3. Not X-Men after the abortion that was #3. Superman and Batman, both good, but I think you underestimate that it's TONY MOTHERFUCKING STARK who's going to be ruining shit. Not fucking Bruce Wayne, who's a rich ponce, not Clark Kent who's just an alien, TONY MOTHERFUCKING STARK, a man who eats gunpowder, shits rocks and pisses vintage Scotch, which he then drinks because he's a proud alcoholic, before flying off in his suit to blow up a tank for no reason other than because the tank was breathing his air, all sandwiched in a busy schedule of fucking hot women - like Supergirl, you know he hit that shit like the fist of an angry god - playing practical jokes on the Hulk as punishment for Hulk tearing him in two and being a dick to everybody under the sun. And you know why he does all this?

Because he's TONY MOTHERFUCKING STARK. This is a man second only to the Punisher when it comes to levels of legendary badass, and the Punisher wasn't smart enough to build a walking tank-armour suit of death

Guest A Yorkshire Lad In NYC

cant fookin wait for this to come out, i'll be chuffed as fuck aye, looks fookin epic, especially robert downey, since he stopped doing the h he hasn't been as good but whatever eh.

God, I just might see this opening night or something. It looks like the best superhero movie in years.

It looks like it's going to be a tremendous film. Best in YEARS, though? I think some of the best superhero movies of all time have been released in recent years. So, it may turn out to be the best of the bunch, but that would make it the best since the last one, or the one before that.

I'm stoked though for this and Marvel's other upcoming projects. They seem to be handling the transition from page to screen incredibly well (minus the Hulk fiasco, which is being fixed by way of Edward Norton).

Yes. Okay, Batman Begins is lofty competition, and it might not exceed it, and The Dark Knight might surpass it, but that's it. Basically, this, The Dark Knight, and Watchmen are the top three contenders as far as the best recent superhero flick goes, and Watchmen is a big "maybe" given the track record for Alan Moore's comics being brought to the big screen.

I'm still amazed at how many people have turned on Spider-Man (the first film) since the third one came out, for me that was almost perfect on film and the only reason Batman Begins beats it for top spot is that I have always had a major soft spot for the Bat Family. To me, Iron Man looks like it will surpass all the films out there and upcoming, and that includes The Dark Knight, because everything seems so brilliantly faithful and well transitioned. Time will tell I guess.

God, I just might see this opening night or something. It looks like the best superhero movie in years.

It looks like it's going to be a tremendous film. Best in YEARS, though? I think some of the best superhero movies of all time have been released in recent years. So, it may turn out to be the best of the bunch, but that would make it the best since the last one, or the one before that.

I'm stoked though for this and Marvel's other upcoming projects. They seem to be handling the transition from page to screen incredibly well (minus the Hulk fiasco, which is being fixed by way of Edward Norton).

Yes. Okay, Batman Begins is lofty competition, and it might not exceed it, and The Dark Knight might surpass it, but that's it. Basically, this, The Dark Knight, and Watchmen are the top three contenders as far as the best recent superhero flick goes, and Watchmen is a big "maybe" given the track record for Alan Moore's comics being brought to the big screen.

Have you seen the costumes the Watchmen characters have been given? With the exception of the Comedian's, they get two words - FUCK and NO. Considering that they aren't using David Hayter's screenplay (which Moore himself said was the closest thing to the Watchmen movie he imagined), my default setting is going to be "It sucks".

I think it's incredibly early to call it a wash because of the costumes (which are intended as the characters in flashbacks to begin with, and thank god for THAT in certain cases). Honestly, the only costume I outright detested was Ozymandias', which looked like it outright came out of a Schumacher Batman film, and the actor doesn't even look the part in the picture (his eyes bug out too fucking much). The change with Nite Owl's is a bit perplexing but from a "adaptation to big screen" perspective I can... kind of understand why they'd want to make him look more like Batman than Blue Beetle? I don't agree with it, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if that weren't a concession to studios because the original Nite Owl costume probably wouldn't fly with a mainstream audience anymore and would be labeled as "too cheesy" or something retarded like that. As for the Silk Spectre... okay, I never really cared for the Silk Spectre so I don't really have any intense feelings one way or the other, and I have absolutely no qualms whatsoever with Rorschach.

What gives me some measure of confidence is both the lack of stunt casting (when the most famous actor in your principal cast is Billy Crudup...), and the set photos from last year which, to me, recreated the atmosphere incredibly faithfully, which is a far bigger deal to me than whether the costumes are entirely faithful.

Also, fuck, I need to read Watchmen again. It's been four years.

I personally thought all of the Watchmen costumes were adapted fairly well from the pictures I saw. Sure they aren't 100% the same as the comic, but they still look pretty good, nothing too offensive.

And back on topic... Iron Man looks very good... I was not even this hyped up about seeing Spider-Man or the new Batman movies, and Iron Man isn't even a favourite character of mine.

Iron Man looks awesome, I really hope that if Marvel go through with the Avengers pic that it turns out as good as Iron Man looks to be.

• 4 weeks later...

SciFi Channel have some exclusive clips and the sort of Iron Man.

http://www.scifi.com/ironman/index.php?Video=Exclusive

• 2 weeks later...