Iron Man

MalaCloudy Black

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I really couldn't tell crap from that trailer...

War Machine, yes, no, maybe so?

Rhodes will be in the first film, but not War Machine, when they were casting Favreau said he wanted someone who could potentially play a good War Machine later on, so I'd say that man is already plotting a sequel and I'd say War Machine's certainly a major option there.

I believe Favreau plans for it to be a trilogy as well, and in the 2nd & 3rd films he wants to delve into Stark's alcoholism.

I believe Favreau plans for it to be a trilogy as well, and in the 2nd & 3rd films he wants to delve into Stark's alcoholism.

Yeah, he said he didn't want to do the alcoholic stuff early on because he wants to establish Iron Man as a real hero, he said he'll show the actual flaws in any later film, much like they did with Peter Parker in Spider-Man.

Yeah, he said he didn't want to do the alcoholic stuff early on because he wants to establish Iron Man as a real hero, he said he'll show the actual flaws in any later film, much like they did with Peter Parker in Spider-Man.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been all for this movie since they released the animated verison of "The Inviciable" Ironman (which wasn't anything amazing) but this movie is going to be amazing.

Downey Jr. = perfect. Really, the casting has been spot on so far and the thoughts of War Machine coming in latter films only makes the excitement that much more.

Any word on villians yet? Cause if they do The Mandarin again like in the animated flick, I hope they make it much better. And the booze problem with Tony should be touched on, just show him drinking in a few shots and I'll be happy.

How are they going to do his heart condition? Like the comic (piece of metal lodged in his heart during an attack while he was overseas.) or something completely new? (ala attacked by china terriosts in the animated flick.)

Big Iron Man fan here so here is hoping that this ups the bar for the comic book movies.

Looks like he gets attacked with the platoon he's with in the trailer, probably had something lodged in his heart ala the comic, kept alive by the terrorists and forced to build a missile but instead builds the first Iron Man suit, and then we go from there.

Which is amazing that they will likely be keeping the original incident rather than make up a new one. I honestly can't wait for this movie, it's looking incredible.

Ive been all for this movie since they released the animated verison of "The Inviciable" Ironman (which wasn't anything amazing) but this movie is going to be amazing.

Downey Jr. = perfect. Really, the casting has been spot on so far and the thoughts of War Machine coming in latter films only makes the excitement that much more.

Any word on villians yet? Cause if they do The Mandarin again like in the animated flick, I hope they make it much better. And the booze problem with Tony should be touched on, just show him drinking in a few shots and I'll be happy.

How are they going to do his heart condition? Like the comic (piece of metal lodged in his heart during an attack while he was overseas.) or something completely new? (ala attacked by china terriosts in the animated flick.)

Big Iron Man fan here so here is hoping that this ups the bar for the comic book movies.

From what I can gather, the main villain is going to be Iron Monger played by Jeff Bridges.

I could've sworn it had been released that it was indeed The Mandarin.

I think Mandarin is going to be an 'in the background' character coming to the fore in a sequel maybe.

Favreau's said that Mandarin will be a villain, but he'll be more like a "presence" than an actual physical threat similar to Sauron from LOTR.

• 5 months later...

Man, that was an awesome trailer. I loved the "Jericho" part, as well as the last ten seconds or so. OhmygodI'msohyped.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Comingsoon.net, president of Paramount Pictures International Andrew Cripps announced at ShoWest's International Day on Monday that Iron Man will be released Day-and-Date worldwide on April 30, two days ahead of the proposed release date we've been hearing.

-CBR.com