Champions League Season 2007/2008

Herr Matzat

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, Terry penalised for the old "no jumping if the 'keeper jumps rule". Well, it's been pretty even this half. Chelsea are playing better after Liverpool scored and had some dominance, but when it gets to extra time - if it does - then Chelsea's new momentum won't neccessarily continue.

If Liverpool do go on to win it, it's been a massive comeback from the pitiful first three group stage matches. I don't know how they do it, because star power wise there not even close to some teams but Gerrard and Torres just seem to spur everyone on and do well. I have to say, Skrtel has fast become one of my favourite players in the Premiership. Big bald Slovakians > *.

I stopped watching after 90 minutes because I can't take this kind of shit any more. However, unknown to me my girlfriend kept watching in the other room and called me in when the first (disallowed) goal occurred. Do away goals still count in extra time, or would it go to penalties at 3-3?

Right... so is that offside the Essien dissallowed goal. I see Drogba was kinda in the way, I don't know if it was on purpose or not though. But at the end of the day, Rafa could have had a 2 week advanced notice that at that exact second that would happen - been allowed to have people come in and make a brickwall in front of the goal (Wick's style) and position himself accordingly and it would have still gone in.

Penalty, as harsh as it was, was the right decision. Harsh in that it was obviously accidental but Ballack's speed to nick the ball, and the conditions just meant Hyypia made a completely accidental foul. And happy to see Lampard put it away. All the flack he gets, he's put in a good performance today and obviously a very emotional time for him.

Drogba just nearly put the match beyond doubt. But we all know Liverpool, full of pluck.

Shame, referee bottled it with Hyypia's penalty, although the only positive I can take at the moment is that it means we avoid Liverpool and Man United fans descending on Moscow for the biggest brawl ever.

Riise is a useless tosspot as well, you'd think he might at least try to make up for two years of dross. Instead he gives them another goal.

Edited by therockbox

Well that was pooh. Fuck Chelsea. Mind you, it is funny to see Liverpool go out because I'm still a tad pissed about the Quarter's, now the fact that Chelsea or Man Utd will either win a double or one thing is just wrong. I'm pulling for a double for Man Utd, or the Premiership for Chelski because I really, really don't want them anywhere near the Champions League.

How will Rafa slag him off now? He delievered the two killer blows, the opening goal and the winning goal and was by far the best player on the pitch.

The goal must have meant a lot to Lampard as well.

Chelsea were definitely the better team for the majority of the game, Liverpool only looked dangerous in the few minutes after they scored, IMO anyway.

Chelsea for the double!

Edited by new_era